cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2.4 switch to 5g

gordow
I plan to stick around

I have a tablet connected by 2.4g, but some things streaming from my tablet is choppy, would switching to the 5g help with the choppiness?
If so how would I go about changing it? Some apps require the 2.4 such as my security camera so I don't want to do something that will affect them.

Any suggestions?
Thank you

*** Edited Labels ***

3 REPLIES 3

Re: 2.4 switch to 5g

RogersCorey

Hi @gordow!

It sounds like you have band steering disabled, so your modem should be broadcasting two WiFi networks. All you have to do is select the other network from your WiFi settings to connect.

You can find more detailed instructions on the process here: How to connect a device to your home WiFi network | Rogers

Regards,

RogersCorey

TinMan2
I've been around
I don't know who will pick this up, but I seem to have shifted to 5G unknowingly and have been attempting to switch back to 2.4 with no success. Assistance please. Thank you, Rob

Hello, @TinMan2 

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

We can definitely help you with your Wi-Fi concerns. Can you confirm if you are using our Legacy Internet service or the newer Ignite internet service?

If possible please send us a picture of your modem so the community can provide you with the right steps on how to turn off band steering.

RogersTony

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation