cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers offers Disney+ (ad supported) to Rogers TV customers at no additional cost

Resident Expert
Resident Expert
70 REPLIES 70

Re: Rogers offers Disney+ (ad supported) to Rogers TV customers at no additional cost

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Right now, it's only available to those who subscribe to Popular TV and Total TV

Rogers-Disney.png

Re: Rogers offers Disney+ (ad supported) to Rogers TV customers at no additional cost

ReneHache
I plan to stick around

Now that I renew for an other year 2 months ago, it would have been great 2 months ago, unless there a way to connect our current Disney+ to our Rogers account to pause our current payments.

Edit: I only read after posting this about package information, I have Premier, I guess that not apply to me (for now).

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Here is the FAQ for this offer: https://www.rogers.com/support/terms/third-party-subscription-terms-disney-plus-standard-with-ads

It says:

Disney+ Standard with Ads is currently available to Internet + Ignite TV customers who subscribe to one of the following packages: Total, Popular, Premier.

If you qualify, you’ll see a banner to activate your included Disney+ Standard with Ads subscription when you sign in to MyRogers.

You can activate using that banner or the link in the email you’ve received.

I'm still not sure who is actually eligible to receive it.  With previous Disney+ offers, I have switched to new in-market Ignite TV bundles that advertised 12 months of Disney+ as a perk but that also had "fine print" telling me that I was ineligible for the offer because I had previously redeemed a Disney+ promo.  I don't think that this Disney+ offering has any such restrictions but I currently subscribe to Total TV and I have yet to see any banners on MyRogers to activate the subscription.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@ReneHache wrote:

Now that I renew for an other year 2 months ago, it would have been great 2 months ago, unless there a way to connect our current Disney+ to our Rogers account to pause our current payments.

When Rogers offered 12 months of Disney+ for free, I was able to pause my annual subscription and then resume it after cancelling the subscription through Rogers.

Edit: I only read after posting this about package information, I have Premier, I guess that not apply to me (for now).

See my previous post.  According to the FAQ, Premier subscribers apparently are also eligible to receive this offer.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

FYI, if you qualify to get Disney+ Standard with Ads as part of your Rogers Ignite TV subscription, you will see the following in MyRogers:

Rogers-DisneyStandardAds.png

I subscribe to Total TV and saw the activation banner in MyRogers today.  My parents subscribe to Premier and received an email inviting them to activate Disney+ yesterday.

hiho
I'm an enthusiast

after reading this post i went and checked what my Ignite servics and i think i may be eligable for free Disney?

My Package: Ignite Popular TV

with ignite internet allso

but havent seen the pop up that was mentioned that i could activate it.

so i am guessing that i dont qualify for it or is there something else i need to do to get it ?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@hiho wrote: ...but havent seen the pop up that was mentioned that i could activate it.

It's not a popup.  It's a selection near the top of the page after you go to MyRogers and click on "manage TV".  At least that's how it works on my computer browser.  Also mentioned in the following post:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Ignite-TV/Rogers-offers-Disney-ad-supported-to-Rogers-TV-custo...

D+D+

If you're trying with an App, you may need to use your Device' browser?

Retro2
I'm here a lot

Is there a way to upgrade to ad free at a reduced price? I had an ad-free subscription through Disney+ and they were kind enough to refund me the full yearly amount. But I really like ad-free!

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Retro2 wrote:

Is there a way to upgrade to ad free at a reduced price? I had an ad-free subscription through Disney+ and they were kind enough to refund me the full yearly amount. But I really like ad-free!

Not yet.

https://www.rogers.com/support/iptv/what-you-need-to-know-about-getting-disney-plus-on-us-with-your-...

Can I upgrade my included Disney+ subscription to Standard or Premium?
We plan to offer the ability to upgrade through Rogers in the future. Check back later to find out more.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Just as an FYI, I received an email today with a link to activate.  See screenshot below.  I had already activated this through MyRogers as indicated previously in this thread. Also I recommend never clicking on a link in an e-mail.  Use alternative means like going to the website using your bookmarks instead.

DD

wayner92
I'm a senior contributor

I have activated this - but a question.  Is Disney+ now only available to me on Rogers Ignite boxes, or is it also available on other platforms, like directly through the iOS Disney+ app or on the Roku Disney+ app?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

It's available using Disney+ apps on compatible devices and also via the Disney+ website on a browser.  I do not know about geographical limitations.

wayner92
I'm a senior contributor

Thanks - I was able to login on my Roku but on my iPhone when I try to log into Disney+ it sends me back to the SignUp or Login page.  After trying  a few more times and restarting the Disney+ app it finally worked.  I used to have a "direct" Disney+ account so maybe it took a bit to have that correct itself to the Rogers Disney+ account.

Hello @Retro2 ,

That's actually a great question!

Unfortunately, the Disney+ subscription tier can’t be upgraded to the Standard or Premium version through Rogers at this time. So sorry for any disappointment this may cause. 😞

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

jays77
I'm a trusted contributor

I received that email yesterday.  Is it legit?   

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jays77 wrote:

I received that email yesterday.  Is it legit?   

Yes!  Here is a link to an official Blog post: https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Blog/Disney-Standard-with-Ads-is-Now-Available-in-Some-Interne...

If you are concerned about the authenticity of the email, if you qualify, you will also see a banner in MyRogers with information on how to activate your Disney+ subscription.

Biggdogg41
I've been around
I signed up for the Popular TV package but can’t figure out how to activate Disney Plus without entering payment information as it should be included.

Will Rogers be offering Disney + with adds to existing Flex subscribers. Or is this just a ploy to get Flex existing customers to move over to these high priced packages - Popular and Total so that we get ALL the unwanted channels that we don’t want.

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

Am on flex 20 plus sports and have received the disney plus offer today via email.

Topic Stats