cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pair Ignite Remote with Sony AV Equipment

bwcambg
I've been here awhile

Probably been asked before.. how to do you program the Ignite remote to control the TV through AV system. Presently have Ignite modem connected via HDMI to a Sony STR DG920  AV receiver. Sony TV connected via HDMI to Sony AV receiver. Rogers tech set up the TV using the Ignite remote and everything OK except the volume to the system cannot be controlled by the Ignite remote. I have to use the AV remote to adjust volume. Tried pairing the AV using the Ignite remote and codes but wouldn't work. Anyone have suggestions?

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Pair Ignite Remote with Sony AV Equipment

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you click the setup tab for your Rogers remote you will see a section for "setup for audio device control". You can then have the remote control the AVR volume, turn it and the TV on/off.

There's also a section for "add new audio" where you can find the codes, or under "code finder".

If the AVR was in the loop when the tech came, he should have set it up properly to handle the TV and AVR, but not all techs are what I would call "proficient" 

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

Biollw
I'm a senior advisor

Check https://www.urcsupport.com/urc_product/rogers-xr11-2/  to find the proper codes for devices that pair with the Ignite TV remote.

Good Luck

bwcambg
I've been here awhile

Thanks for info, however this instruction appears to be pairing between the remote and TV. In my case I have the AV receiver between the Rogers box and the TV. Ignite remote works fine changing channels for TV video but not the audio control.  My previous Bell system remote handled both video and audio from the remote with the AV setup as described. Does the Ignite system allow only one component to be paired?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you click the setup tab for your Rogers remote you will see a section for "setup for audio device control". You can then have the remote control the AVR volume, turn it and the TV on/off.

There's also a section for "add new audio" where you can find the codes, or under "code finder".

If the AVR was in the loop when the tech came, he should have set it up properly to handle the TV and AVR, but not all techs are what I would call "proficient" 

bwcambg
I've been here awhile

It works !!! .. Thank you.

gil_n71
I've been around

Hi,

I have the xr15 remote. I cannot seem to pair with my Pioneer AV receiver to control volume. I tried to do what you suggested above but I do not see any menu items "setup for audio control" on the ignite box setting menu.

Any suggestions ?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@gil_n71 : The recommendations here are not about how to do it on the box/TV, but rather using the URC website, link below, to do the setup for audio devices:

https://www.urcsupport.com/urc_product/rogers-xr15/

Click the Setup Tab and then "Add New Audio" which will give you the code for your device, which you can then setup as instructed on that same page.

Someone more familiar with Ignite may be able to guide you on how to do it using the box/TV instead.

B-a-n-e
I plan to stick around

Was anyone able to get this to work?  I can get the codes off the website fine.  The instructions for entering them are wrong for this remote though.  The instructions refer to (and show) using the "setup" button but there is no setup button on the Rogers remote.  

I've tried using the menu on the system but it doesn't work.  There doesn't seem to be any way to enter codes.  If I use the menu it forces me to keep pairing my TV.  If I do that I can eventually get to pairing the AV receiver (Yamaha) but the default code doesn't work and there is no option for trying a different code (if you select that it "doesn't work" it just brings up a message saying it can't pair with no option to try anything else).

There is probably some key combination that replaces the setup button to try and enter the codes manually but I have no idea what that is.

Thanks,

Vsts
I'm here a lot
For the new remote XR15, press and hold Rogers and Mute button together until the LED on remote changes from red to green, followed by 5 digit code. Remote blinks green twice after that.

B-a-n-e
I plan to stick around

After more internet searching, I also found that holding the A and the D buttons will do the same thing.  You hold them until the light turns green and then enter the 5 digit code you got from the website (link above).  The code worked fine for my Yamaha. 

I paired to Yamaha receiver and remote controls receiver volume and power for the receiver and tv.

Emidio1959
I've been around

I have tried several times to pair the rogers ignite xr 15 remote to my pioneer receiver modle vsx 1127k.  I currently have HDMI cable connected from the rogers ignite box to the HDMI Sat/cable port and HDMI cable from HDMI out port of the receiver to the Samsumg ARC HDMI port. The TV speakers are on external speakers as I am using ceiling speakers and not TV speakers.

I have tried several ways to pair the remote to the receiver but am not able to do so. Although I have been able to get code and I have no way on inputting the code.

I continue to get the same message that the audio receiver cannot be paired at this time,

Anyone have any other suggestions? Is my set up correct? Or is Rogers ignite remote not able to pair with pioneer receiver? Does a receiver need to have RF pairing capability? If so, which receivers on the market today have this feature?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Emidio1959 : Use the following link. Find your code, click setup, use instructions for "audio device control".

https://www.urcsupport.com/urc_product/rogers-xr15/?product-provider=365

Under the "codefinder" I found 7 different codes you can try if you tell it you don't know the model of Pioneer.

I believe it's also possible to setup TV and audio via a menu on the IgniteTV box, but I'm not on Ignite so I can't give you instructions for that way of doing things, although the instructions may be found in the following page somewhere...

https://www.rogers.com/customer/search?searchTerm=Ignite%20TV%20remote

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/pairing-the-voice-remote

JERK
I've been here awhile

CANNOT PROGRAM IGNITE TO RECOGNISE SONY BLURAY PLAYER

CAN YOU SHOW ME HOW TO PROGRAM THIS.

Hello there!

I can appreciate wanting to have one remote to control all your devices.

Please provide us with the Model number of the Sony Bluray player so we can provide you with the specific steps for your device. You can also find the steps on programming many devices by visiting URCsupport.com.

Simply enter Rogers as your provider, find your remote and you can use the code finder to find the specific code for your Bluray player.

I hope this helps!

RogersTony

Topic Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 10 in conversation