cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minor problems

crpl2
I plan to stick around

As a new Igniter coming from NextBox I found their were anomalies not pointed out before the switch over.

o 16 of my NextBox Favorites were missing (could not be found) and 5+ favorites now I have to pay for ? I have not yet decided whether to pursue these with Rogers.
o Looks like a maximum of only 70 favorites can be viewed when viewing by favorites ? The last entered favorites I entered can be seen as favorites on  free to mel but not viewed with "favorites" view setting.
o At least 2 programs will not record "new series" or "all series", only as a single. They are FBI: Most wanted and NCIS: HAWi'i all the other FBIs and NCISs are okay ?

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Minor problems

david2658
I've been here awhile

Hello,

As a new Ignite user transitioning from Next Box, I have encountered some anomalies that weren't highlighted before the switch. Firstly 16 of my Next Box favorites are missing and I am being charged for five additional favorites that were previously free. Secondly it seems that only a maximum of 70 favorites can be viewed when using the "favorites" view setting. Additionally, the last favorites I entered can't be viewed with this setting. Lastly, two programs, FBI: Most Wanted and NCIS: Hawaii, won't record as "new series" or "all series," only as single episodes, while other FBI and NCIS shows are unaffected. I'm undecided about whether to address these issues with Rogers.

RogersCorey

Good afternoon @crpl2!

What exactly happens if you try to record "New Series" or "All Series" for FBI: Most wanted and NCIS: Hawai'i?

Regards,

RogersCorey

crpl2
I plan to stick around

What happens is everything is normal while attempting to record. the recording is verified but upon exit there are no 3 red disks and the program never records.

RogersYasmine

Hello @crpl2 & @david2658 ,

I just did a test at my end and I was successfully able to schedule a 'single' and 'series' recording for both of the TV programs mentioned (FBI: Most wanted and NCIS: HAWAII). 

I am trying to think of any reasons as to why it would not be working at your end. Can you please confirm if you have a total of 8 other programs scheduled to record for the same dates and times? As that is the limit when it comes to scheduling recordings simultaneously. If you reach the maximum of 8, then there will be a scheduling conflict, and only programming with the higher priority will be recorded.

If this isn't the case and you do not have any conflicts, I would suggest trying a quick reboot of your Ignite TV box(es) to see if that helps. On your Ignite Voice Remote, select the 'A' button > Restart > Restart.

Thank you,

RogersYasmine

crpl2
I plan to stick around

I was talking to a friend of mine yesterday about this issue and he told me it has happened to him. He could only record a program 1 at a time. If this is a unit issue I will try moving to a different tv should the issue pop up again.

Good morning @crpl2!

Would you kindly answer Yasmine's earlier question about the number of recordings you have scheduled for this particular timeslot? If it's a total of 8 programs, you'll encounter a scheduling conflict that will prevent you from scheduling anymore recordings in that timeslot.

We need to be 100% certain that this isn't the case for your concern. Thank you.

Regards,

RogersCorey

crpl2
I plan to stick around

Sorry, the answer is zero.

Hello, @crpl2.

Thank you for confirming the number of scheduled recordings. We can investigate this anomaly for you; please send @CommunityHelps a private message. You can find details about our private messaging in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation