cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignite is Unreliable

steelback
I've been here awhile

We switched to Ignite in December, worst decision we've made. Before switching, if internet went down, you'd still have your other services, now it's very frustrating because every time Ignite goes down which has become a  frequent occurrence for us, you lose all services, no internet, no cable, no home phone, nothing like being in the middle of a phone conversation and the phone line goes dead.

***Added Labels***

22 REPLIES 22

Re: Ignite is Unreliable

btxrhdbtrshdtcf
I've been around

For everyone having this problem. Try connecting your tv box to the internet box by the ethernet cable not the wifi.

Re: Ignite is Unreliable

Cap07
I'm a reliable contributor

Just rec'd an email from Rogers telling me the Wi-Fi in my neighbourhood has been upgraded. Prior to that three nights in a row during a Rogers Blue Jays game the screen went blank as usual. and I had to unplug the TV box, wait three minutes and plug it in again to get the program back. I'm guessing this is normal now, like fiddling with the rabbit ears on our TV fifty years ago. I've tried using the system reset via the remote but it always says this function is unavailable. I don't think that has ever worked since we got Ignite. On here we always get the same solution proposed. There is nothing wrong with our signal. If there was then there must be a lot of folks with the same problem. We need a GTA-wide survey to find out how many people are experiencing the same problems. I think this is widespread.

Topic Stats
  • 22 replies
  • 11 Likes
  • 14 in conversation