cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New and repeat show recording

habsrule999
I plan to stick around

I recently upgraded to ignite. all good so far. have a question about recording "new" and "repeat" shows. Coronation street is on ever night at 7PM as a new show. it is also listed at 11:30 every night as a repeat show as well as sunday morning when all 6 episodes are listed as repeats. we set a recording to record "new and repeat". It is recording the new shows but not the repeat shows. The only repeat show it does record is the first show on sunday morning. Has anyone had experience recording new and repeat of the same show in the same week??

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: New and repeat show recording

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@habsrule999 : IgniteTV is smart enough to know if it already has a recording of a particular programme.  So, even if you set it to record "new and repeat", if the repeat is already in your list of recordings, it will not be recorded a second time.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@habsrule999 : IgniteTV is smart enough to know if it already has a recording of a particular programme.  So, even if you set it to record "new and repeat", if the repeat is already in your list of recordings, it will not be recorded a second time.

habsrule999
I plan to stick around
Hi
That makes sense.
Thanks.

WAK5
I've been here awhile

Recently all the series that I record as only new on a particular channel have begun to record on several channels and times. Also, series that have ended for the season are now recording repeats. I end up with so many multiple recordings! This never happened in the many years I have been recording, first with Blue Curve and now Ignite. I’m not certain if the change to Ignite is the problem but whatever it is, I need to get it fixed!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The following suggestions are based on Ontario IgniteTV. Hopefully they also work for out west.

1. Do a system restart using the Home Connect app, or via the troubleshooting option on the TV box.

2. Bring up the problem recording and modify the recording to ensure it selects only "new" and also select a specific channel instead of "HD" for example.

3. Delete the problem recording and start over, selecting New and the specific channel.

WAK5
I've been here awhile

Is it possible to record on only the selected channel rather than several channels showing the program on the same day at different times? For instance, I record Jeopardy at 7:30pm but it also records at 8:30 pm and 3:30 am. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@WAK5 : I thought I answered that. In Ontario, when you set up a series recording there is an option for "Channels" and instead of selecting HD or SD, you select the specific channel. If it doesn't show this option when initially setting up the recording, go to the scheduled recording list, find the recording and modify the series.

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 3 in conversation