Disney+ App

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Disney+ App

hi everyone

Does anyone know if Rogers will have an App to view Disney+, the same way is have a Netflix App?

***Edited Labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Disney+ App

@TRD2300GT  This would be a good question to submit to the Ask an Expert: IGNITE TV Part II event.

Folks have been asking about the possibility of a Disney+ X1 App (in the Xfinity forums, Twitter...) but so far there has not been an official response from Comcast or from Disney.

I've Been Around

Make this happen
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

IF they are able to do it, it could be a MAJOR selling point for people getting rogers.
(they have sort of confirmed that Amazon Prime is on its way already).

Many people are finding, that with Disney+, that its not available on ALL streaming devices/models.
Samsung TVs yes... but only 2016 or newer models.
ATV4+
Etc..
So while you may have a smart TV, other smart device (bluray, etc) they may not be able to get the Disney+ App.

I've Been Around

Rogers make it happen. Give us an update.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Flexxin wrote:
Rogers make it happen. Give us an update.

Just to set the right expectation, it is Disney, in conjunction with their technology partners, that first have to implement an X1 App to provide access to the Disney+ service.  Rogers can only ask them to do it, and Disney's willingness is also subject to their relationship status with Comcast... which is often "complicated".

I'm a Reliable Contributor

Given that Rogers only recently added the Amazon Prime app to ignite, I highly doubt we will see Disney+ being added anytime soon...you’ll be lucky if we get it anytime in 2020
I Plan to Stick Around

For what it's worth I was on with Ignite Concierge yesterday to order Ignite and he did say they were actively working on getting Disney+ integrated.  No timeline though.