Current Ignite TV Remote TOO SMALL for older users - Need older Standard Remote [XR-11]

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Current Ignite TV Remote TOO SMALL for older users - Need older Standard Remote [XR-11]

I recently got Ignite TV and trying to adjust from coming from FibeTV and encountered a small issue with the (current) remotes and my Parents who can't navigate the way they used to because it's TOO SMALL.

I tried to live chat with someone in regards to getting the remote that's shown on the YouTube tutorials and has a better "OK" button than the small nipple they have on the new ones, I was given the run-around about them no longer ordering these and to check to see if there's a retail location that MIGHT have some...

I don't want to have to run all over the city or have someone who doesn't quite understand my ask quickly get me off the phone. 

The person on the chat mentioned they wouldn't be able to locate one but I'm sure there's a huge box of them in some office somewhere, can someone help me?! The one I need (XR-11) is below:

Rogers-Main-LARGE-438x500.jpg

*** Edited Labels *** 

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Senior Contributor

Re: Current Ignite TV Remote TOO SMALL for older users - Need older Standard Remote [XR-11]

Loads of them on Kijiji.

I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Current Ignite TV Remote TOO SMALL for older users - Need older Standard Remote [XR-11]

Thanks for this, I’d prefer not to have to buy one however...I was able to call the Rogers concierge and they’re trying to locate one for me at a retail location, I appreciate (his and your) effort to help me solve my issue!
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Normally I would say a store is the best.. but I dont know how much they will have, since they dont hand out from there (has to be installed)
But may be worth a try, say from RETURNED items.

I on the other hand, am looking to TRY the new remotes LOL.
I have 3 (for the 3 boxes) of the original one.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I called the concierge and he was able to schedule a “replacement” with a truck that happened to have one old remote, which solved my problems!