Changes to Ignite TV Channels in Packages and Theme Packs

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Changes to Ignite TV Channels in Packages and Theme Packs

By the way I did not receive notice from Rogers on the change to Fox Racing.  I went back and looked at my bills through 2020 and there was none on this issue.  I did receive notice on CNBC, MSNBC etc.  for July 1st on my May bill  and some other channel issues earlier in the year such as AMC  but nothing on the changes to Fox Racing.   So in my case Rogers made this change  without notice.

I note  others here  are in the same boat , earlier on in this thread some had not received notice , they mentioned they went back to look at their bills as well.  

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@User1030445 wrote:

even common sense says you don't de-authorize a channel to a customer and then turn around and offer  it back to them for $7 more a month.   Just a terrible way to treat a customer that spends multiple thousands a year with you.

Yeah, I totally agree.  I honestly cannot believe that Rogers took this course of action and that they could not find a better solution to whatever problem they were trying to solve.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@User1030445 wrote:

By the way I did not receive notice from Rogers on the change to Fox Racing.

I note  others here  are in the same boat , earlier on in this thread some had not received notice , they mentioned they went back to look at their bills as well.  

I got the notice that Fox Sports Racing would be going away in June, 2020 but could not find any prior notice that the might have been going away in January.

I also just want to point out again that this is an Ignite TV thread that may or may not be followed by Digital TV customers.

Many Ignite Premier customers couldn't care less about FSR going away.  They may have even been surprised that they even received FSR in the first place.  They will pick another Flex channel and continue to receive the same number of channels that they had before.  (They may be upset that more and more channels keep going away and and that there are no more channels that they would ever want to watch to replace it with, but that is another problem.)

There are also Ignite Premier customers who are as upset as you are that a channel that they watched often suddenly got taken away for no apparent reason, especially since the monthly cost for the individual channel did not change.

Digital Premier customers are by far the most impacted.  When a channel goes away, it does not get replaced with anything else.  It is bad enough when a channel stops broadcasting... but at least that is out of Rogers' control.  FSR just got taken away... by Rogers, without any consideration.

Digital and Ignite Premier customers also have another reason to be upset: they have been paying for MANY channels that other subscribers have been receiving as a free preview for months.

I'm also a bit upset because I started this thread with the best of intentions: that it would be helpful and informative, and that healthy discussions here might even prompt Rogers to innovate and structure their packages so that they deliver better value for their customers and make Ignite TV more attractive to more people.  So far it has not turned out that way.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Mine went down also the other day...When I went into my account is showed as Premier still having Fox 1 Sports as a Flex channel, but the only way I got it back was to pay $7 extra, ot buy an adventure pack which I had all the channels in there. It's just a money issue, to grab more from customers. They are just screwing themselves, look at all the bad publicity ..not how your treat customers paying for the highest level of channels, taking that away and then asking for $7 more to get it back??? It can be streamed on the internet, just have to get a suitable DVR system so I can record the content. Some of the NHRA stuff doesn't always air until 1am, so can't watch it live....Not a Happy Customer.....

I

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The Ombudsmen got back to me already,  says mgmt will be following up today or Monday.  Will see what they have to say. 

Danno100 did you receive any notification that Fox Racing would be removed in June?  Check your bill May or June bill,  I did not receive any notification.  I went back 6 months and nothing from Rogers on this, that violates CRTC policy.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The rep got back to me regarding Fox Racing. Her first solution was for me to downgrade my internet to cover the $7 of cost to retain the Fox channel.  Geez what are these Rogers people thinking , no respect at all shown for customers.  

That was it , done with this , the attitude you get from Rogers.  I received no notice of this change, that allows me to walk anytime from Rogers,   time to move on. 

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@User1030445  Did you ever try sending a Private Message to @CommunityHelps  to see if they could find any other options for you?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

The rep is supposed to be from the Presidents Office she tells me, not sure Community Help is going to be able to assist.  The rep is calling me from BC,  kinda doubt the President of Rogers is located in BC.  Just another contact person,  needs a little more training IMHO.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I went back and saw it in the top right hand corner of my bill from April. I never look up there. I chatted with a rep the other day and she was not very helpfull, she  wasn't seeing that under my Premier pack Fox 1 Sports was still a flex channel, she said that's not what was on Rogers.com..no wonder I see seeing negative comments from people...I guess for now the bandits can take my extra $7 until racing season is over and then will remove and see how I can find a suitable dvr to record the stream off the internet.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I reported much earlier on this forum that there was no notification on my invoice about discontinuing FOX Sports Racing, I actually have no notification at all. I checked every single invoice. I see the MSNBC, CNBC and Golf Channel note in the June bill, but nothing about FOX Sports Racing. Rogers did the same thing with AMC, they never gave us the note for that either, neither for Stingray channels that were being taken off left right and centre. And yes, I read the invoice cover to cover on a paper bill, not a PDF.