Changes to Ignite TV Channels in Packages and Theme Packs

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Re: Changes to Ignite TV Channels in Packages and Theme Packs

Typical Rogers, always trying to swindle customers out of channels.  with TSN1, TSN3, TSN4, TSN5, and TSN4K, it only makes sense that TSN 2 should go with it and not be a separate flex channel. Rogers is alway looking to squeeze more money out of their customers.

I Plan to Stick Around

So this also means that you are losing out on one extra flex channel choice. Nice.

I Plan to Stick Around

Wish people would stop automatically blame Rogers for everything, Sometime things change when re-new contract with the channel owner or other reason that are out of Rogers' control...
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

FYI, the BBC Canada discontinuation notice has been added to https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/channel-updates

BBC Canada
As of January 1, 2021, BBC Canada channel will no longer available. The broadcaster has decided to stop airing this channel. This means they will no longer be part of your TV or theme package. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. At this time, we will not be replacing these channels with other alternatives.

I Plan to Stick Around

What happened to Fox Business Channel?

Was it not available as a flex channel?

Now I can't seem to find it in the flex channel options 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@sadchel wrote:

Fox Business had been available as a Free Preview when it was a new channel.  I think it is now only available as part of a theme pack.

I Plan to Stick Around

@-G- wrote:

@sadchel wrote:

Fox Business had been available as a Free Preview when it was a new channel.  I think it is now only available as part of a theme pack.

... or stand-alone for $4.

It is interesting that they stuck it into the $10 "US news"  theme pack ...

... but all the channels in that pack are available as flex channels on the Premiere tier... except for Fox Business.

I Plan to Stick Around

Was REWIND removed from Rogers Ignite?

I had it as a flex channel then a couple of days ago it said I needed to subscribe. Now it's blacked out on MYRogers flex channel options 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@sadchel wrote:

Was REWIND removed from Rogers Ignite?

I had it as a flex channel then a couple of days ago it said I needed to subscribe. Now it's blacked out on MYRogers flex channel options 

Rewind is available as a Flex Channel in the Flex 5, Flex 10 and Premier bundles.  If you subscribe to another package, it is only available as an individual channel or as part of the Classic TV & Movies theme pack.  I believe that it was also offered to all subscribers as a Free Preview, which would have expired a few days ago.

I Plan to Stick Around

I'm on premier, but I was to figure it out and flex it in

thanks