cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone not able to connect to a particular business

sswilson
I'm a reliable contributor

Cannot connect to the local Costco (moncton) with home phone. Getting the "your call cannot be completed as dialed" message. 2 separate cell phones connect fine. (pharmacy voice system is 506-317-0433 if somebody wants to check to see if it's rogers wide).

I've already had a ticket opened for this and had a response back that the ticket has been resolved even though the issue still persists (haven't taken the time to call in to see what they claim the resolution was).

Ignite gateway has been power cycled, and all other phone features appear to be working fine.

Any ideas other than call back and open another ticket cross referenced back to the one they didn't fix?

edit: It's not the phone number on my end.... this is a new port over from bell with the same number I had with them. I did not have this issue calling from my bell home phone.

**Labels Added**

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Home phone not able to connect to a particular business

RogersTony

Hello, @sswilson

Thank you for posting your concern to the community.

It is very strange that the phone line works fine to call other numbers but this one is not working for you. If a ticket has been escalated and closed off we would need to review the notes on the ticket to see what was determined as the cause for this issue and if it was able to be replicated by our support teams.

Please send a private message @CommunityHelps so we can get started on this for you. Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

We look forward to assisting you further.

RogersTony

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

RogersTony

Hello, @sswilson

Thank you for posting your concern to the community.

It is very strange that the phone line works fine to call other numbers but this one is not working for you. If a ticket has been escalated and closed off we would need to review the notes on the ticket to see what was determined as the cause for this issue and if it was able to be replicated by our support teams.

Please send a private message @CommunityHelps so we can get started on this for you. Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

We look forward to assisting you further.

RogersTony

sswilson

PM sent. Thanks for the offer of assistance, and yes it's a weird one.

sswilson

On another note, it's great to see an official presence here responding in a technical support role. (Coming from a former HSI tech support agent...  😉 ).

sswilson

A new ticket was created and the second time was the charm. From discussions with the tech who called to confirm it sounded like the issue might have been related to 7 digit calling vice 10 digit calling (NB still only has a single area code thus hasn't moved onto defaulting to 10 digit calling yet).

All is good.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 Likes
  • 2 in conversation