cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signing in

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

I have my notifications saved as a bookmark to sign in to the forum. Now I'm seeing this:

"Your request is currently being processed"

request.jpg

At first it was just a flash, but now it just stayed and the only way I could sign in was to go to rogers.com

Anyone else seeing this?

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
163 REPLIES 163

Re: Signing in

jays77
I'm a trusted contributor
I've given up and just use In Private browsing. That work okay and is certainly less aggravating.
For some reason I can sigh into MyRogers with no problem. It is just the Community Forums that I can't access unless I use the In Private feature.

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor

I could not log in for days this time.  Clearing cookies did not help as it usually does.  This is a problem with Khoros, the software they use for the forums.  

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Curiously, I've been able to sign in with Firefox without using a private window for the last couple of days and I haven't cleared cookies and data. Go figure.

jays77
I still need to use In Private browsing for the forum.
So far I have never had this problem with signing into MyRogers. However, to get to the Community Forums I have to sign out of MyRogers and go to Private browsing.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

It's been back to the "new normal" the last 2 days. Signing in with Firefox I get the endless loop, have to use a workaround. 😫

jays77
It took me about 20 minutes tonight to get signed in. I usually I can sign in with Edge In Private Browsing no but no luck tonight. Tried a few times with Chrome Incognito and finally got signed in.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When I signed in today, after providing my username and password, there was an additional pop-up regarding adding a phone number for recovery purposes.  I asked to skip that step (in future?).

I was then taken to Rogers main page instead of the forum, however, I used my regular "all posts" bookmark and was taken to the forum without issue.

I then signed out and signed back in as a test without issue.  Using Chrome on a Mac Mini.

Again, make sure you don't have any extensions or blockers (pop-up) that may impact your sign in process.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-load-certain-website-s-and-or-videos/m-p/46...

Tried FireFox and the same thing happened since it uses separate cookies.  After one login, all was fine again.

jays77
Tonight using Chrome Incognito I could sign in with no problem as long as I was not signed into MyRogers at the same time,

It used to be that I could sign into MyRogers check my bill or band usage then scroll down to Community Forums and would be signed in there.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have also had problems signing into various Rogers web sites recently as well: Community Forums, MyRogers, Onlinevoicemail.  I know you "need" your analytics data and need to integrate seamlessly with some 3rd-party sites... but your web sites are waaay too heavy, too complex and too susceptible to breakage.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@CommunityHelps  My login difficulties were due to a simple content blocker extension.  I was able to log in fine after disabling uBlock Origin.  I'm not happy about this.  Extensions, such as uBO, provide essential protection... and blocking undesirable trackers should not break the site.

Bplayer

I have uBO addon installed on FF and except for the one login problem ~2 months ago it has never been a problem for me. I also use the custom HOSTS file from winhelp2002.mvps.org and maybe that is blocking some site that is problematic.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I am able to log in now without having to relax any security settings or disable any extensions.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

It almost seems like a waste pf time posting about signing in problems. Some people apparently never have a problem, while others have problems all the time. And it changes from day to day. Maybe it's changes Rogers keeps making; they won't say. A common remedy is deleting all cookies and data, but that has its own problems, like other websites requiring extra steps to log in, even text or phone verification.  Another solution is to use a private or incognito window. Lately I've had success signing in to my PayGo Balance after the loop-de-loop and then scrolling down to Community Forums. But the last couple of days I've had no problem signing in, no more perceptual looping (touch wood). And I've made no changes that could have accomplished this.  Looks like we'll never figure Rogers out.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Cookie issue again the past couple of days.  Could not sign to the forum in using Chrome on my Mac Mini in normal mode. I could sign in using Incognito.  I could also sign in using FireFox.  I could sign in to MyRogers without issue, but the link to the forums didn't "work" as I was not signed in when I got there from MyRogers.

Cleared Cache and Rogers cookies and was able to sign in this morning.    I don't clear all my cookies, just the Rogers ones by searching for "roger" (no s).  I don't clear my Rogers Bank or Rogers Anyplace cookies.

jays77
For the past week or so the only way I could sign into the Community Forums was by using Chrome Incognito. Tonight that doesn't work but now Edge In Private Browsing is my ticket in.

I'm guessing this will work for a few days then I'll have to go back to the Chrome route. That seems to be the pattern for the past month or so.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

After working several times yesterday, I couldn't login this morning with Chrome at all, even with Incognito.  I cleared cookies and cache and was able to login again. Weird.  This Rogers Forum website is not like any others that I use. I login to quite a few and this is the only problem website.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@57 wrote:

After working several times yesterday, I couldn't login this morning with Chrome at all, even with Incognito.  I cleared cookies and cache and was able to login again. Weird.  This Rogers Forum website is not like any others that I use. I login to quite a few and this is the only problem website.

As I mentioned a week ago, I no longer have problems signing in with Firefox and have made no changes, deleted no cookies or data. Rogers Forums really is a mystery.

jays77
Unlike last night, tonight I am able to get in using Chrome Incognito. Out of curiosity I'm going to try Edge In Private Browsing and see if it also works. It would be a novelty if both did.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@jays77 wrote:
Unlike last night, tonight I am able to get in using Chrome Incognito. Out of curiosity I'm going to try Edge In Private Browsing and see if it also works. It would be a novelty if both did.

Something is definitely wonky because there are days when I have trouble signing in... and the next day, the same browser configuration works fine.  I have raised this issue privately with @RogersDarrell  and the @CommunityHelps  team and they are investigating.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Should also clarify that I mainly had sign-in issues with some common content blocker and privacy/anti-tracking extensions active.  (e.g. uBlock Origin with the default filter set, EFF Privacy Badger, or both active.)  Sometimes I was able to log in, sometimes not.  Sometimes I was unable to log in using Firefox, with no extensions and Enhanced Tracking Protection set to Strict; other times it worked fine.

What's also strange is that on days where others are reporting that they cannot log in, I am often able to log in fine, even with those sometimes-problematic browser configurations.

So far in my testing, I have always been able to log into the Community Forum using default browser configurations (with no content blocking) and with all cookies, cache and site data cleared.

Over the last week, I have not run into any problems logging in with any browser, even with content blocker and privacy extensions enabled.

jays77

😲  I'm shocked.   

Tonight I could sign in using Chrome.  No incognito, no In Private Browsing.   I have done nothing different. No deleting cookies or unblocking anything.  I Just logged in like I have always done in the past.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that whatever the recent problem was is now in the past.  ( I'm not overly hopeful though).

Topic Stats
  • 163 replies
  • 27 Likes
  • 13 in conversation