cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signing in

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

I have my notifications saved as a bookmark to sign in to the forum. Now I'm seeing this:

"Your request is currently being processed"

request.jpg

At first it was just a flash, but now it just stayed and the only way I could sign in was to go to rogers.com

Anyone else seeing this?

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
163 REPLIES 163

Re: Signing in

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR : You're right. There are no notifications for me either (for today).  As I mentioned, I rarely go there now, but since you brought it up, when I clicked on the Notifications link, I saw some for yesterday, but none for today.

@CommunityHelps would you please look into the fact that there are no notifications for today for @OLDYELLR and for @57 and perhaps others?

As mentioned earlier, my e-mail notifications are not working either. Perhaps the lack of notifications altogether indicates that you're working on that?

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@57 wrote:

@OLDYELLR : You're right. There are no notifications for me either (for today).  As I mentioned, I rarely go there now, but since you brought it up, when I clicked on the Notifications link, I saw some for yesterday, but none for today.

I again got that No Notifications banner when I signed in.  In the past when I clicked my username at the top right and then the Notifications bell, even if it was zero, I'd still see the old notifications. Now I just get that banner, even though there should be a new notification.

RogersMoin

Hello, @57 & @OLDYELLR.

Thank you for flagging the issue of not getting the notification emails. We have been working with Khoros Support on this. 

I appreciate your patience.

Regards,

RogersMoin

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

When I leave Community Forums I never sign out, just close the tab or window. This time I signed out and saw this:

upgrading.jpg

Maybe that has something to do with the weird stuff.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@RogersMoin wrote:

Thank you for flagging the issue of not getting the notification emails. We have been working with Khoros Support on this. 

@RogersMoin : There are 3 different topics under discussion recently.

1. @OLDYELLR does not have any notifications (on the site) and gets the error message shown as a screenshot one of his recent posts.  He doesn't subscribe to e-mail notifications except for PMs.

2. @57 can see the notifications on the site, however, there are no site notifications for today at all.

3. @57 has only received one e-mail notification in the past couple of weeks despite the fact there should have been quite a few for mentions, quotes, PMs, etc.

4. I see that notifications have restarted on the site. I now have some notifications visible from today. I do not have any e-mail notifications though, despite the fact that I should have.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

I came here this time because I got an email from Rogers that "You have a new Subscription Update in the Rogers Community Forums" and I can now see the Notifications when I click the bell, even old ones.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Email notifications -- I usually get them immediately.  However, this evening, I got notification of a mention that had been posted 15 hours ago.  From the timestamps in the raw message, Khoros was 15 hours late in sending it.  Something definitely is/was getting stuck at their end.  Perhaps they have also been losing some outgoing notifications as well.

Edit: Just got another notification in my Inbox for something that had been posted 8 hours ago.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@CommunityHelps suggested adding filters to my e-mail address (at webmail) to "whitelist" the sender (Khoros and Rogers addresses).  These filters didn't work for me.  I believe the e-mail notifications are being "rejected" earlier than when they get to my e-mail address filters. 

I have only received one e-mail notification in the past 3 weeks when I should have received many...

jays77
I'm a trusted contributor
It’s happening again. I am unable to get signed into the community forms on my laptop using either Edge or Chrome.

This started right after the last MyRogers web site maintenance a few nights ago.

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
I had the same, but seems ok now.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Yesterday I could not sign in to the Forums with Firefox, Windows 7. It just went into an endless loop on the Rogers site. Tried the usual, like deleting Rogers cookies, no go. Ended up using Chrome, which worked. Same thing this morning. Then I signed in to My Rogers Bills & Payments and from there to my Forum notifications, which worked.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Now I can no longer sign in with Firefox at all. The same looping and when I use my Bills & Payments bookmark I get the "MyRogers is currently in maintenance mode." screen.

That can't be because I can  get there with Chrome. Rogers really hates Firefox. 😞

Bplayer

I am also having problems using the site with Firefox, and earlier had similar problems with Edge. But was finally able to logon with Edge to post this response. It was fine yesterday, and maybe it will be back to normal tomorrow.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I usually use Chrome, but just tried FF as a test and had no issues logging in on my Mac Mini.  FF88.0 and upgraded to FF88.0.1.

Bplayer

Something is not right with Rogers and Firefox 88.0.1 on my Win 10 PC. I have two tabs for Rogers open on FF, one for the forum and the other for my accounts. The account tab will normally log off after a couple hours of inactivity, but it was still signed in this morning. A sign in from the account tab automatically enables the forum tab after a refresh, but that is not functioning now. Also, clicking on the sign in from the forum tab displays the sign in page, but after entering the credentials it just goes back to the forum and does not show signed in.

This posting is filed from an Edge browser.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I am not experiencing any problems when signing into or using MyRogers or the Community Forums, even with privacy/content blocker extensions enabled.  Works fine for me with up-to-date Stable versions of Edge, Firefox and Vivaldi.

Bplayer

Clearing my FF cache has resolved the issue.

jays77
I’m still having the same problems signing in using Edge and Chrome on my laptop. Nothing seems to make a difference.
Last time this happened it took about a month for the problem to be resolved.

Don_Ca
I'm a senior contributor
Clear your browsing history? Search your cookies and delete any rogers ones.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@Don_Ca wrote:
Clear your browsing history? Search your cookies and delete any rogers ones.

That is what I do, to no avail. For the last 3 days I have not been able to sign in with Firefox. It goes into an endless loop.  I just tried replying anonymously with FF, hoping it would ask me to sign in when I clicked Post, but I ot the endless loop again. So here I an replying with Chrome. But even Chrome behaved the same when I tried to sign in, and I first had to go to Bill Summary, then click Community Forums at the bottom.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Here's a comprehensive list of things to try:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Internet/Unable-to-load-certain-website-s-and-or-videos/m-p/46...

I find the one that usually works is using private mode or incognito, as that will bypass cookies and probably cache.  If that works, then the issue is likely not with Rogers.  

Topic Stats
  • 163 replies
  • 27 Likes
  • 13 in conversation