cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signing in

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

I have my notifications saved as a bookmark to sign in to the forum. Now I'm seeing this:

"Your request is currently being processed"

request.jpg

At first it was just a flash, but now it just stayed and the only way I could sign in was to go to rogers.com

Anyone else seeing this?

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
163 REPLIES 163

Re: Signing in

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@-G-  Perhaps you could create a "rule" within whatever client (or server) you're using to move the appropriate incoming mail to the inbox?  Say the sender's e-mail address?  (communityforums@rci.rogers.com).  Or would the rule not apply to that particular mail since the rule wouldn't "see" it?

jays77
I'm a trusted contributor
I still can't sign in using Chrome or Incognito but have no problem with Edge.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I noticed that the popup where I fill in my username and password looks different the past couple of days.  It now remembers my username, so I only need to fill in the password.  It also remembers that I wish to skip the "recovery" popup (post 15 of this thread).  So, for me, all is functioning as it should and it takes a couple of clicks less than it did since mid-August. (Chrome on a Mac Mini).

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

Yes, I noticed the different popup also and the board seems to be running faster. But in my case it always remembered my username and password because that's what I set up originally.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@57 wrote:

I'm now receiving e-mail notifications in a timely manner - a few seconds after the item occurs in the forum. 

It seems that e-mail notifications are not working properly again.  Some don't come through like much of September (see previous posts in this thread from that time).  Some are delayed for a couple of days.  Here's an example after examining the a sample e-mail showing date/time received and date/time sent...

Received: from 10.213.243.78
 by atlas105.ptnr.mail.gq1.yahoo.com with HTTP; Sun, 29 Nov 2020 23:05:18 +0000

Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2020 21:02:46 +0000 (UTC)

I should have received some today, but didn't...

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@57  That's interesting.  For me, this problem FINALLY seems to have been fixed.  For months, notification emails were getting tossed into my Junk folder by the server, even though the sending address was on my "Safe Senders" list.  Notifications are now landing in my Inbox and staying there.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

For the past few days I have not received any e-mail notifications.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@57 wrote:

For the past few days I have not received any e-mail notifications.

I used to have email notifications enabled, but it became annoying to get them several times a day, so I turned them off and now only sign in to my notifications on line each day. I still get email notifications of private messages.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I just got my first e-mail notification in about a week this morning. Perhaps it got fixed.  We'll see.  Of course you can tailor which notifications you get depending on your preferences.

I have them set for mentions, likes, PMs.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Recently in this thread we've been discussing the topic of e-mail notifications.  For the past couple of days I have not been receiving e-mail notifications for mentions and likes.  I have not had any PMs to test.  Everything had been fine for a couple of months.  I have checked my spam folder in Webmail.  Anyone else having problems?

Edit - last e-mail notification for me was February 8th.  @OLDYELLR sent me a test PM and I didn't get an e-mail notification for that either.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR and I have exchanged several PMs. He gets e-mail notifications but I do not. So this doesn't appear to affect everyone. I have checked my e-mail notification settings and they seem fine...

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@57  As far as I know, I have always received Forum notifications.  For a period of several months, the Outlook server had been tossing them into Junk despite my marking those messages as coming from a safe sender.  I opened a trouble ticket with Support and marked every Forum notification as "Not junk".  It took a while but notifications are now landing and remaining in my Inbox again, and have been for the past several weeks.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@57  My private message settings.

settings.jpg

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR : Thanks. Mine's the same for PMs. I also have the following:

email.png

JakeyPrime
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Might be email provider based some people are getting all of them, some are getting some, and some are getting none.

I have yet to have any issues at all receiving my emails via both GMail, and GSuite (Google Workspaces, whatever) besides a small hiccup back when this issue was reported. Ever since then I've been receiving the emails fine, including for all the posts in this thread. 

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I just checked and found a few notification emails (just a few, not all) in my Junk folder again.  It could be that some unhappy users are flagging notification emails as spam which could cause some email providers (and not others) to block those messages, depending on how they calculate reputation scores for either the sender or the domain.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@CommunityHelps : Is it possible for you to check to see if your e-mails are being blocked as spam again, like they probably were a few months ago?

I tried changing my e-mail address to my gmail, but that didn't come through either....  Although, in order to change the e-mail address I did have to go through a verification process and I did get that e-mail on gmail. However, that came from the following address which has a "via" modifier.

communityforums@rci.rogers.com via us.khoros-mail.com

When I clicked on the "via" I was taken to the following information page:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/1311182?hl=en-GB#zippy=%2Ci-see-via-and-a-website-name-next-t...

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

So, today I received an e-mail notification regarding a PM.  Comments follow:

1. The e-mail was sent Tue, 16 Feb 2021 23:28:31 +0000 (GMT)

2. The e-mail was received Wed, 17 Feb 2021 16:31:32 +0000, 17 hours later...

3. The e-mail was sent to my Rogers e-mail address. I guess my switch to my gmail e-mail address didn't "take", even though I sent a verification.  That's fine, since that was only for testing purposes anyway.

I'll post back in a few days if I start getting other e-mail notifications properly.  I'll include a mention to @57 as a test.

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

I use my Notifications bookmark to sign in to the forums. It shows new notifications in bold and old ones not bold. If there are no new notifications. I just click an old one which takes me directly to the post and I navigate from there. But occasionally, like this time, I get this screen, which has no link to the forums and I have to search around from My  Rogers to get here. Very annoying.

Notifications.jpg

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@OLDYELLR : I get that occasionally, although I rarely login that way any more. I login to "all posts" now:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message/node-display-id/categ...

I would only consider it an issue if you consistently have that problem.

PS.  I have only received one e-mail notification in the past couple of weeks.  All the others are MIA...  If this keeps up and no one else has that issue, I'll have to PM the mods to get it straightened out for me I guess.  I'll let it slide until the middle of next week...

OLDYELLR
I'm a senior advisor

@57  I got it again this time. No notifications. So I just browsed the forums i follow. I saw your reply, but there was no notification of it.  Something is not right. Nothing is changed in my settings.

Topic Stats
  • 163 replies
  • 27 Likes
  • 13 in conversation