Captcha Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Captcha Issues

@barndoor : Check out the following recent thread on Captcha and login issues:

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/MyRogers/Changes-to-Login-November-2018/m-p/436974#M4101

I'm a Trusted Contributor

Thanks  @57

While I appreciate the suggestion  ....it still boils down to being a customer service issue that is under Rogers control   and if Rogers is not going to deal with it  in a customer oriented manner and in a timely fashion... this has been going on for a while now    ....I can take a hint .  Smiley Wink

@barndoor wrote:

Thanks  @57

While I appreciate the suggestion  ....it still boils down to being a customer service issue that is under Rogers control   and if Rogers is not going to deal with it  in a customer oriented manner and in a timely fashion... this has been going on for a while now    ....I can take a hint .  Smiley Wink

FYI. When I got the Community Mailer:  barndoor (I'm a Trusted Contributor) posted a new reply in Community Questions & Suggestions on 12-23-2018 11:21 AM :

then clicked on the links to Sign in, I didn't get any Captcha's from 18 Dec to 23 Dec.  Today when I reply this way, I keep getting Captchas.  They are obviously making changes without asking the customers.

I'm a Senior Advisor

What's important here is that your sign-in for the forum is the same as as for all your other access to Rogers, including purchases and changing plans. That should be vitally important to Rogers customers and protected.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

@OLDYELLR wrote:

What's important here is that your sign-in for the forum is the same as as for all your other access to Rogers, including purchases and changing plans. That should be vitally important to Rogers customers and protected.

I think my issue is that I deal with a couple banks and and an investment  business and they have a far less  complicated  access protocol  and don"t use captchas  .... so why does Rogers ? Granted for some people I suppose  their phone and TV are the most important concerns.

What does a captcha really protect against anyway ? 

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Community,

I shared this update over on the Changes to Login November 2018 thread, but the answer applies here as well.

I've confirmed our Technology Team is working to implement an enhancement in  (hopefully) early 2019 that should significantly reduce the number of times the challenge triggers.

For the time being, one thing that we’ve found to be quite effective; when using Chrome, log into your Google account in the background. The CAPTCHA's should be less likely to appear. 

The question remains though ,in this case, what is a captcha  actually   protecting against ? It comes up AFTER I have entered my name and password .  Does that mean that Rogers may have issued an  account to bots and wants to sort them out ? 

If a bot has a customers  name and password don't you want to know about it rather than just avoiding the issue with a captcha ? 

Tried to log on today as usual but after the Captcha for Fire Hydrants I got this. I had to try three more times before getting in.  I also got the jumping bean page refresh.  As others have said, this doesn't happen on other websites.

Access Denied.png

@User14 wrote:

Tried to log on today as usual but after the Captcha for Fire Hydrants I got this. I had to try three more times before getting in.  I also got the jumping bean page refresh.  As others have said, this doesn't happen on other websites.

Access Denied.png

Are you suggesting that maybe they should  scrap  the captchas since no one seems to be able to explain what they actually protect us from anyway   and instead concentrate on fixing it so that customers can access their accounts and this information board 98% of the time rather than what seems like about 70% of the time currently ? 

@barndoor wrote:

Are you suggesting that maybe they should  scrap  the captchas since no one seems to be able to explain what they actually protect us from anyway   and instead concentrate on fixing it so that customers can access their accounts and this information board 98% of the time rather than what seems like about 70% of the time currently ? 

I am merely reporting my experiences to let the "Community" know what is happening.  I managed to log on this morning in my usual way through the Community Mailer process and ended up with 3 captchas.  No Access Denied but a lot of "clicking" this time. I tried 9 clicks on the first Captcha, but I guess it wasn't a traffic light. Smiley Mad

9 clicks for the Crosswalks, but it failed.  4 clicks on the last Captcha worked. 22 clicks total! 

Captcha Traffic lights.jpgCaptcha Crosswalks.jpgCaptcha Crosswalks 2.jpg