Captcha Issues

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Captcha Issues

Although I was using FF mainly for a while to avoid the captchas, I tested each day using other browsers like Chrome.  Yes, Chrome seems to be "fixed" (for now). I got one static captcha a couple of days ago and have been able to sign in without issue since then.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The captchas were gone from Chrome for a few days, but they have returned the past couple of days.  At first I solved them and they were present about 25% of the time I tried to login.

More recently, they are present more often and I'm required to fill in several of the static ones to login.

I'm back using Firefox today since I don't need to put up with the nuisance using FF.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I've seen Captchas on Chrome about once a day (or about 25% of the time) since my last post.  But the real horror came today when I got a Captcha on Firefox.  I must have jinxed things by posting here.  Smiley Wink

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@57 wrote:

I've seen Captchas on Chrome about once a day (or about 25% of the time) since my last post.  But the real horror came today when I got a Captcha on Firefox.  I must have jinxed things by posting here.  Smiley Wink

I just logged in with Mozilla Foxfire, used my ID and password and there were no Captchas. 

"Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get you."  Smiley Wink

They seem to be random for me on chrome .  Likely about like  57 and about 25 % of the time . 

What bugs me is the ambiguity and poor quality pics  ...it ends up just being a guess anyway in some cases ....what does that protect against  except the participation of easily irritated members ? 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I've been able to use Firefox for a couple of weeks and have not run into the Captcha during that time.  However, yesterday I did.  I'm currently on a very slow connection and got the message "Cannot contact reCAPTCHA. Check your connection and try again."  which is not at all helpful...

Bad enough that I have to deal with these horrible things (sometimes several of them with very poor picture quality), but now I can't even sign in sometimes.  What I do when this happens is click OK to the above message and then try to click "OK" on the main signin popup and sometimes it lets me in then without the Captcha.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey Community!

Wanted to follow up to let you all know that we are still reviewing and investigating the CAPTCHA, and plans are still in motion to alleviate the issues.

Stay tuned and please keep sharing your concerns.

RogersDarrell

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Since my last post I had one of those dynamic captchas.  .  It asked me to identify crosswalks, but after I identified them all, more kept coming up. It was like a "whack-a-mole".  I must have had to whack about 10 crosswalks before I was allowed in.

Most of the time, the captchas are static, but the image quality is poor and it's really difficult to identify the bicycles or storefronts, buses, bridges, etc.

Yup ... and what is the purpose of it ?  I'm on other boards and visit a few  supposedly  secure sites  and they don't seem to need this nonsense..... why here?

@57 wrote:

Most of the time, the captchas are static, but the image quality is poor and it's really difficult to identify the bicycles or storefronts, buses, bridges, etc.

It does seem ironic ...I got a pair of prescription computer  glasses  so  so I can better see the print on my pc and  now the captcha images are even poorer quality the last few days  .  Smiley Surprised

And since when is a cube van a bus , or a roof vent a chimney or a building front a store front .  If there was something on this bulletin board that warranted protection it might  make sense to have to go through that foolishness  . Smiley Wink