cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail hack?

Elvis2
I've been here awhile

I reported this yesterday to Rogers but wanted to see if this has happened to others.
I received a suspicious call from a number I didn’t recognize and let it go to voicemail. Once I tried to check the voicemail the same usual feminine voice played... BUT instead of “welcome to Rogers wireless voicemail...” the voice said “someone else is currently accessing your voicemail” !!! I tried again after a minute and the same thing occurred. About 30 mins later the regular message returned but my password was not valid. I have since reset it and it’s working. Is this some sort of scam ? Has my number and phone been compromised as stated by the message OR was I spoofed by someone (impersonating Rogers) using a prerecording that was being played to me?

**Labels Added**

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Voicemail hack?

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I would guess that possibly someone had gained access to it..

If you havent called into rogers yet, then I would follow up with that.
Just make sure that they didnt have access to the account overall and made any other changes, purchases, etc there.

cafekief
I'm an enthusiast
I got the same thing.. As I was heading home from wrk yesterday at 2:30pm pt I got call from Rogers I didn't answer bc I was driving.. Other people getting hack from Rogers voicemail too? ... 🤔

Elvis2
I've been here awhile
I realize you identify as not a Rogers employee.
As shown below, I’m glad I’m not the only one that this occurred to. Let’s get the word out.
What I would like to know is what might Rogers do to better protect against this? What can they do to insure that it’s customers can have confidence in both the Hardware provided and the service ... confidence that their device hasn’t been compromised from an incoming call somehow tampering with voicemail? Given that I pay within my plan for voicemail??
Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation