cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Add Apple Watch to My Cellular Plan

Qubit
I plan to stick around

Hello! I thought I'd mention here that I have been trying to activate cellular service for a new apple watch and I get the weirdest errors: when I go through the app, first I don't get a query whether I want to include the apple watch in my share everything (as I was told by tech support I should be asked) but when I finish setting up the watch, it creates/reserves a number for the watch but does not link it to my account (I don't see it online even though receive an email that I will be charged).

If I repeat the process, it creates a whole new number for the apple watch and still doesn't link it to my account therefore the watch doe snot get cellular service. i have had to call retentions to cancel the two numbers reserved (so i don't get charged) and I opened a ticket to escalate to backoffice on monday.

The ticket was closed on Tuesday and I contacted tech support again and they told me that back office didn't find any issues with my account. I went to the apple store and got a replacement watch and I reset my iPhone as well. i tried again and yet the same issue. A new ticket was created on Tuesday and I haven't heard anything since. I called yesterday and said the ticket remains open.

Very weird error. Is this something that happens sometimes? what is the typical return time for open tickets? I'm not sure what to do.

The watch and phone work flawlessly except for the cellular service that Rogers doesn't seem to be able to handle.

*Added Labels*

21 REPLIES 21

Re: Unable to Add Apple Watch to My Cellular Plan

Are any clear answers to this very common issue it appears? Just received new Ultra Watch 2....unpaired AW4...."Set Up Cellar" takes me to My Rogers Red Triangle with exclamation point...(like everyone else here, lol)....so PLEASE....what is the fix?

Topic Stats