cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Add Apple Watch to My Cellular Plan

Qubit
I plan to stick around

Hello! I thought I'd mention here that I have been trying to activate cellular service for a new apple watch and I get the weirdest errors: when I go through the app, first I don't get a query whether I want to include the apple watch in my share everything (as I was told by tech support I should be asked) but when I finish setting up the watch, it creates/reserves a number for the watch but does not link it to my account (I don't see it online even though receive an email that I will be charged).

If I repeat the process, it creates a whole new number for the apple watch and still doesn't link it to my account therefore the watch doe snot get cellular service. i have had to call retentions to cancel the two numbers reserved (so i don't get charged) and I opened a ticket to escalate to backoffice on monday.

The ticket was closed on Tuesday and I contacted tech support again and they told me that back office didn't find any issues with my account. I went to the apple store and got a replacement watch and I reset my iPhone as well. i tried again and yet the same issue. A new ticket was created on Tuesday and I haven't heard anything since. I called yesterday and said the ticket remains open.

Very weird error. Is this something that happens sometimes? what is the typical return time for open tickets? I'm not sure what to do.

The watch and phone work flawlessly except for the cellular service that Rogers doesn't seem to be able to handle.

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unable to Add Apple Watch to My Cellular Plan

Qubit
I plan to stick around

The issue has been resolved today! for future reference if anybody is in the same position: turns out thee IMEI of the phone on record was not matching the account and that was getting in the way of activation

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

RogersMoin

Hello, @Qubit.

Thanks for being a member of Rogers Community; we are so glad you are here.

Irrespective of whether you are adding your watch to your Share Everything plan or choosing a stand-alone plan, a wireless phone number will be assigned to your Apple Watch for billing purposes. However, the watch not linking to your cellular line is undoubtedly a problem.  

What is the model of your Apple Watch? And what were the error messages you were getting?

We look forward to seeing your watch linked to your plan soon. And please keep us posted.

Cheers,
RogersMoin

Qubit
I plan to stick around

Hello,

Thanks for replying. It is an apple watch ultra. Both phone and watch running the lastest iOS and watchOS versions. The first time, after entering all the 9-1-1 data, I got an error "sorry, something went wrong" by rogers with a WS code (I don't quite remember but something like WS 513 or 517, something like that). I called tech support, they asked me to try again. when I did again it created a whole new number (so I ended up with two new numbers and with an email telling me that I was going to be charged $100 because of two activation fees of $50) and a bunch of different WS errors this time.

The tech support person escalated it to back office and created a ticket case number C184041641. The ticket was closed the day after with backoffice saying there was no issue whatsoever with the account. I called (chatted) with tech support again and they created a new case number and a ticket  (C184099150). This was on Monday and I haven't heard anything yet. I checked on Thursday and they told me the ticket was still open.

I also called retentions to cancel thee two new lines that were created (they said they were reserved but not linked) so that I didn't get charged.

So far that's the story. Been trying to get cellular service for the watch for a week and a half now.

Qubit
I plan to stick around

The issue has been resolved today! for future reference if anybody is in the same position: turns out thee IMEI of the phone on record was not matching the account and that was getting in the way of activation

abisback1
I've been here awhile

Having problem getting cellular service reinstated/linked on my iwatch. Activated new  Rogers Iphone 15 Pro Max and both phone and watch working . However, NO cellular service on watch. Have tried numerous times to activate and keep getting errors WS510, "Set up of cellular activated, added to account but unable to link smart watch". So I am getting charged, I have a number but no service !Only change made was new phone from Rogers.Cell worked ok on previous Rogers phone, no problem. Physical stores were no help.  Ticket finally issued but no update ..".WE are working on it, we know there is a problem". no ETA to resolve.! Rogers YOU NEED to FIX this. Folks use iwatch like a phone.

I’m having the same problem today. Any leads on a resolution?

abisback1
I've been here awhile
Going on day 5 and no resolution . Tech chat this morning and no resolution. I keep getting automated text messages that state ‘Tech support is taking longer that expected to resolve’. Various ETA resolution times are provided, 10 hours, 24 hours, last one 48-72 hours. My issue now going into day 5.

patsantos
I plan to stick around

I've having the same issue.

Getting the same error WS510.

Having same problem as well

I have the same issue. I called tech-support and was told the issue was on their end and they are working on a fix. Just got an automated phone call advising the solution is taking longer than expected and they would notify me when it is fixed.

Good afternoon everyone!

If you're experiencing this issue and you have not yet had a ticket escalated for it, please PM us so that we can launch a ticket for you to have this matter investigated and resolved.

Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Hi there, so there is a known issue with trying to connect an apple watch to cellular for a family member?  I have been on hold for over 35 mins in dead silence as someone is trying to figure out.

Sbidza20
I've been around

I had Ultra 2 watch and the cellular worked well, but The apple watch was damaged and I send it back to "Apple". Then they sent me new one.
New watch is working, but I am unable to connect the cellular back to the new watch.
When I tap on ‘set up cellular’ it immediately goes to the ‘My Rogers’ page and shows a red triangle with an exclamation mark in it and ‘ok’ underneath. I can’t even get past that to set the cellular up.
Any ideas?

RogersMoin

Hello, @Sbidza20.

I appreciate you joining this thread, and welcome to our amazing Community!

Congratulations on your new watch! Do you remember unlinking your old watch from your phone before sending it to repair?

Thanks for your PM; we can continue working with you towards a solution.

Cheers,
RogersMoin

Same situation. Yes old Apple Watch was unpaired. 

Hello @oldmooner 

Welcome to the community! Just to clarify, your situation is exactly the same as the original poster? Have you spoken to tech support and has a ticket been submitted for your issue? 

If you can provide some more details, then we may be able to better assist and provide some possible solutions (steps taken, error message, etc.). Please include which Apple Watch and iPhone you are using and which plan you are trying to add (shared or standalone). 

Much appreciated!

RogersYasmine

Topic Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 12 in conversation