Apple Pay for Rogers Bank MasterCard

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple Pay for Rogers Bank MasterCard

Yeah but you get a big cashback back, so it still works out. I think it's %4 or something.
I've Been Around

We need Apple Pay for rogers bank! Do you have a plan when to put it available?!

I'm Here A Lot

Been waiting over a year for this answer... and it’s most likely gonna be a no.
I Plan to Stick Around

@RC248wrote:
Been waiting over a year for this answer... and it’s most likely gonna be a no.

Pushing my luck! But I haven't heard from them on this thread so I doubt it got implemented since..

Retired Moderator RogersCilio
Retired Moderator

Hey @TwitchyPuppy,

I can certainly appreciate the convenience and simplicity Apple Pay provides, I don't blame you for inquiring.

I reached out to try and find the answer, here's the response I was given:

"We currently do not support mobile wallets like Apple Pay or Android Pay. So far, we haven’t had many of our cardholders asking for this feature as most seem satisfied tapping with their card to pay.

However, we will keep track of every customer who inquires about it and as demand grows among our customers, we will definitely look at offering this service. "

I encourage you and anyone in our Community, interested in seeing Apple Pay come to our Rogers Platinum MasterCard, to provide your feedback HERE!

Kind Regards,
RogersCilio
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hey...thank you for this update. It has taken almost 2 years to get an authentic answer as to whether Rogers Bank would ever support Apple Pay. I first posted here ‎06-23-2016.

I believe you won't get too many people inquiring now. Like myself, I would bet every one who wanted Apple Pay has moved on to other cards. And with the drop in cash back to 1.25%, well, it wouldn't really motivate me to use the Rogers MC, even if Apple Pay was now offered. Anyway, there are far better cash back cards out there that support Apple Pay.

PS...very few Canadian card issuers don't offer Apple Pay at this point, on at least some of it's cards. Rogers Bank just doesn't get it....

But I think people appreciate your reaching out for an answer for us...

I've Been Around

Totally agree, i have to use scotia cards for Applepay. I'm only keeping Rogers WE because it has no annual fee.
I've Been Here Awhile

I would like to see this feature as soon as possible, please.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@samourh : If you would like to see it, please use the link in post 65 of this thread.

I've Been Here Awhile

@57 Thank you, done.