Apple Pay for Rogers Bank MasterCard

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Apple Pay for Rogers Bank MasterCard

I moved to Fido, despite it being owned by Rogers. They seem to be somewhat better. I don't think Public Mobile would be suitable for me. For the last 10 years, I have lived in Cogeco country, so have no other Rogers business.

I'm a Senior Advisor

BMO is pushing a change to their fee schedules and Mastercards with three or four options of plans and cards with cashback - there are restrictions on how to use the accounts (as one would expect), but I noticed they did have a 1.75 plan. Banks are being very aggressive at the moment on this stuff.

Shop around.  Looks like you are.

Bruce

I Plan to Stick Around

That card has a large annual fee for the same percent as the Rogers card. For now I'm using my MBNA MasterCard, straight %2 with an $89 annual fee
I Plan to Stick Around

OK...just checked that BMO 1.75% cashback card out. IMHO, the $120 annual fee negates too much of the cashback earned, unless you are a VERY big spender.

I pay no annual fee with the Rogers card since I have my Fido bill auto-paid by the Rogers MC. They waive the annual $29 in that situation.

I Plan to Stick Around

I have had a closer look at the 2% MBNA card. Despite the fee, I will likely apply for it once Apple Pay support is announced. There are other benefits that I am not getting from my Rogers or Tangerine

I Plan to Stick Around

Hmmmm...maybe this is their answer to those of us who are clamouring for Apple Pay

Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 12.35.48 PM.png

I'm Here A Lot

No, not even close

I've Been Here Awhile

If you're going to pay for a card, I'd suggest the Scotia Momentum Visa Infinite Card. It is 4% back on Gas,  4% on Groceries,  Groceries, 2% on Drug Store, 2% on recurring payments, and 1% on the rest for a $99 annual fee and a ton of benefits. They also have a 3 month 5% on everything introductory offer.  The Rogers card still wins on the 'Other' category. 

I've Been Here Awhile

Wow just got the card to realise no Apple pay. Nice work! Can only imagine they dont want to spend the associated costs. Guess since this thread is almost a year old Rogers first response to evaluate demand was a lie. Do you really believe there is no demand for this option. Perhaps just tell us truthfully why you won't set up Apple pay
I'm Here A Lot

yeah, i stoped using the card. I don't carry a wallet so unless they add it. I won't be using it.
Coming on PPV!
Pacquaio vs. Broner Live
LIVE: Saturday January 19, 2019 9PM ET
Preshow: 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
Ignite TV & DTV customers can order now!
Live Weigh-In January 18th @ 6PM ET

Promotional content running all day on CH 368 DTV & 430 Ignite TV until January 19th @ 9PM

Topic Stats