Apple Pay for Rogers Bank MasterCard

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Apple Pay for Rogers Bank MasterCard

Literally copy pasta from the Chat Bot...

We currently do not support mobile wallets like Apple Pay or Android Pay. So far, we haven’t had many of our cardholders asking for this feature as most seem satisfied tapping with their card to pay.
However, we will keep track of every customer who asks me about it and as demand grows among our customers, we will definitely look at offering this service. Thanks for weighing in with your vote!

This needs to get implemented...
I've Been Around

Would like to have this feature in a near futur ! Thanks Rogers.

I've Been Around

need the feature, please.
I Plan to Stick Around

This feature needs to be added. I went abroad and forgot this card at home and could have used it via Apple Pay. So... they missed out on my spending.
I've Been Here Awhile

They’re never going to add it. It’s obviously a cost item. They keep saying they are looking into it. Sounds like excuses that’s all. What’s there to look into. Why not just tell people the truth.?

Hello and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums @User509,

We certainly appreciate your feedback. At this time we do not support mobile wallets, as mentioned above we will continue to track the customer demands.

@omro I realize how convenient mobile wallets are, especially when travelling outside of Canada. At this time there are no changes to the current set up.

As always please stay tuned to the Community for any future updates/changes or visit rogersbank.com.

RogersZia

I Plan to Stick Around

All bank credit cards that I have are compatible with Apple Pay. I’d love if my Rogers World Elite was also compatible with Apple Pay, but...

...Apple Pay costs money and, if that means Rogers would devalue the card to add Apple Pay, then no thanks! I prefer the card keep its current benefits.

I love my Rogers WE MC card and it’s the credit card I use it the most!

I've Been Around

We need Apple Pay.. Its 2019 now... we have to move to the future...

I've Been Here Awhile

Why on earth would it devalue the card? "Financial Times reported that Apple receives 0.15% cut" of transactions. That is miniscule, and easily offset by reduced fraud due to biometric authentication and increased transaction usage. In addition, having the service will make the card appeal to more people and everyone will make the card a larger habit leading to increased usage. 

The value is clearly there for Rogers. I'll tell you the likely reason. Unlike the top 5 banks for develop their own credit card systems, Rogers buys the card management service from a third party like most smaller instituations. Either this third party hasn't offered it, or it's way down on Rogers list of priorities. If they run a business case on the benefits vs. that .15%, it's clear that Apple Pay makes sense from a business perspective. If they did the crazy thing and actually asked, "what do my customers want?", we wouldn't even be having this conversation. 

I've Been Here Awhile

That’s exactly the reason. Yet customer service makes excuses like they are evaluating it. The real reason is cost. Just say it!