cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apple Pay for Rogers Bank MasterCard

Ccclo
I've been here awhile

Today, I added all my Credit Cards into my Apple Wallet, even my CanadianTire MasterCard works. It is hard to believe that my RogersBank MasterCard doesn't work in Apple Pay. Is there any plan to have it work?

Thanks

155 REPLIES 155

Re: Apple Pay for Rogers Bank MasterCard

TwitchyPuppy
I plan to stick around

@RC248wrote:
Been waiting over a year for this answer... and it’s most likely gonna be a no.

Pushing my luck! But I haven't heard from them on this thread so I doubt it got implemented since..

Hey @TwitchyPuppy,

I can certainly appreciate the convenience and simplicity Apple Pay provides, I don't blame you for inquiring.

I reached out to try and find the answer, here's the response I was given:

"We currently do not support mobile wallets like Apple Pay or Android Pay. So far, we haven’t had many of our cardholders asking for this feature as most seem satisfied tapping with their card to pay.

However, we will keep track of every customer who inquires about it and as demand grows among our customers, we will definitely look at offering this service. "

I encourage you and anyone in our Community, interested in seeing Apple Pay come to our Rogers Platinum MasterCard, to provide your feedback HERE!

Kind Regards,
RogersCilio

NoMoreSnow
I plan to stick around

Hey...thank you for this update. It has taken almost 2 years to get an authentic answer as to whether Rogers Bank would ever support Apple Pay. I first posted here ‎06-23-2016.

I believe you won't get too many people inquiring now. Like myself, I would bet every one who wanted Apple Pay has moved on to other cards. And with the drop in cash back to 1.25%, well, it wouldn't really motivate me to use the Rogers MC, even if Apple Pay was now offered. Anyway, there are far better cash back cards out there that support Apple Pay.

PS...very few Canadian card issuers don't offer Apple Pay at this point, on at least some of it's cards. Rogers Bank just doesn't get it....

But I think people appreciate your reaching out for an answer for us...

Totally agree, i have to use scotia cards for Applepay. I'm only keeping Rogers WE because it has no annual fee.

samourh
I've been here awhile

I would like to see this feature as soon as possible, please.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@samourh : If you would like to see it, please use the link in post 65 of this thread.

samourh
I've been here awhile
@57 Thank you, done.

lordNaN
I've been here awhile

Literally copy pasta from the Chat Bot...

We currently do not support mobile wallets like Apple Pay or Android Pay. So far, we haven’t had many of our cardholders asking for this feature as most seem satisfied tapping with their card to pay.
However, we will keep track of every customer who asks me about it and as demand grows among our customers, we will definitely look at offering this service. Thanks for weighing in with your vote!

This needs to get implemented...

falzhobel
I've been around

Would like to have this feature in a near futur ! Thanks Rogers.

gaok12345
I've been here awhile
need the feature, please.

omro
I plan to stick around
This feature needs to be added. I went abroad and forgot this card at home and could have used it via Apple Pay. So... they missed out on my spending.

User509
I'm here a lot
They’re never going to add it. It’s obviously a cost item. They keep saying they are looking into it. Sounds like excuses that’s all. What’s there to look into. Why not just tell people the truth.?

Hello and welcome to the Rogers Community Forums @User509,

We certainly appreciate your feedback. At this time we do not support mobile wallets, as mentioned above we will continue to track the customer demands.

@omro I realize how convenient mobile wallets are, especially when travelling outside of Canada. At this time there are no changes to the current set up.

As always please stay tuned to the Community for any future updates/changes or visit rogersbank.com.

RogersZia

MichaelYYZ
I plan to stick around

All bank credit cards that I have are compatible with Apple Pay. I’d love if my Rogers World Elite was also compatible with Apple Pay, but...

...Apple Pay costs money and, if that means Rogers would devalue the card to add Apple Pay, then no thanks! I prefer the card keep its current benefits.

I love my Rogers WE MC card and it’s the credit card I use it the most!

Rashid1
I've been here awhile

We need Apple Pay.. Its 2019 now... we have to move to the future...

CranWat
I've been here awhile

Why on earth would it devalue the card? "Financial Times reported that Apple receives 0.15% cut" of transactions. That is miniscule, and easily offset by reduced fraud due to biometric authentication and increased transaction usage. In addition, having the service will make the card appeal to more people and everyone will make the card a larger habit leading to increased usage. 

The value is clearly there for Rogers. I'll tell you the likely reason. Unlike the top 5 banks for develop their own credit card systems, Rogers buys the card management service from a third party like most smaller instituations. Either this third party hasn't offered it, or it's way down on Rogers list of priorities. If they run a business case on the benefits vs. that .15%, it's clear that Apple Pay makes sense from a business perspective. If they did the crazy thing and actually asked, "what do my customers want?", we wouldn't even be having this conversation. 

That’s exactly the reason. Yet customer service makes excuses like they are evaluating it. The real reason is cost. Just say it!

lordNaN
I've been here awhile

Look, Rogers marked the thread "resolved".
It is very disappointing because it doesn't look like they are anyway near considering implementing ApplePay.

Had I known or thought to check if they supported ApplePay before submitting my application, and found out that they didn't, I wouldn't have requested one.

Please enable this feature.  All of my other credit cards have it enabled, so I continue to use them instead of my Rogers Card.  

You will earn many more users (more interest $$) with Apple Pay enabled.

EdoKun
I've been here awhile

Add Apple Pay please!!!!

This is a necessity please I can’t reload my transit card in Japan without Apple Pay... and is it really that hard for Rogers to implement this when it’s already developed?!

pstogios
I'm here a lot

I just got my Rogers bank MasterCard and was disappointed to discover it doesn’t work with Apple Pay. 

Rogers, please implement this.