Will Rogers support RCS enhanced Messaging?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Will Rogers support RCS enhanced Messaging?

@TwitchyPuppy wrote:
Yes. Put your phone in Airplane mode and activate WiFi.
If you can still send and receive SMS, you're good!

I tested this the other day with other users who had their RCS enhanced features enabled, had airplane mode on, mobile network off, and wifi on.

Only messages between RCS enabled clients will be sent over wifi. if you send a message to someone who is not RCS enabled or just uses SMS, the message will not send until you turn on mobile network connection. 

So RCS to RCS works over wifi, but not RCS to SMS.

I Plan to Stick Around

I received the notification for RCS yesterday. It's now enabled. But I'm the only one with it. Lol. My wife still has not received the notification.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

sometimes clearing your app cache will enable ithe notification if its been provisioned on your line

I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks Pauly for detail explanation.

Hi All,

Is there any other advantage of goole messenger (RCS) over regular SMS service? I mean whats difference except send message over wi-fi to RCS enable device.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

you get enhanced messaging features like what apple imessage offers but its available to google android users

Retired Moderator RogersRoland
Retired Moderator

Hey Community,

To learn more about the RCS feature, check out this blog by @RogersMaude HERE  Smiley Happy

RogersRoland

I've Been Around

Rogers/Samsung are offering the S7 Galaxy for $0, beware as there are issues with the phone, I have the S7 Galaxy, albeit with AT&T, nevertheless, the Enhanced LTE Services and Advanced Messaging features do not function properly or do not work, whether this is an issue in Canada I don't know, ask the question before committing. My text messaging receive feature only works intermittently, meaning when a text is sent to me, I do not receive it immediately, it takes four to five days to receive it and when I do, I receive them all at one time, then after a day or two, the text receive feature shuts down again. I have talked extensively with AT&T and the ICU division about the problems, they finally admitted that the phone has problems. They say they have isolated the issues but it's in the phone, they will replace it at no charge, ... if you go with it, ask for the lastest version to save yourself a lot of grief and a guarantee of no hassles. I can not say if the newer version works correctly, I'm in Canada for another six weeks and will exchange it for the newer version when I get back.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @JMc58

You able to show us a source saying this? As my buddy has the S7 edge and has NO issue with texting and neither did i when I had mine ( before getting the iPhone 7 Plus.)

This sounds also like a signal issue with the device getting signal from the carrier it's with. Also the reason why the device is at $0 is because in 3 months the S8 will be released so they usually lower the price due to that.
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi guys,

How can I enable RCS on my Rogers Wireless line?

I have a OnePlus 3 running Nougat, with the latest version of Google Messenger installed (it actually came pre-installed on the phone, and has since been updated to "Messages").

However Rogers still thinks I have an LG G4 since that is the last phone I bought through them via HUP.

I am concerned that since Rogers thinks I still have a G4, that they are not enabling RCS on my line.

Thoughts?

Hello, @Jay_AndroidFan

Thank you for posting your query in the Community. I heard good reviews of OnePlus 3, hope you are enjoying it. The service, RCS is enabled at our end and it's not account or device specific as long as it is running Android 4.4 or above. 

There is no action you have to take from your side except to enable the Enhanced features. You can find this option in Settings/Advanced. If you don't see the "Enhanced features" option yet, eventually your device will receive the prompt from Google to enable it. The prompt will look similar to the image below;

RCS.JPG

Thank you for your patience!

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats