Will Rogers support RCS enhanced Messaging?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Will Rogers support RCS enhanced Messaging?

This is likely. Rogers One Number is probably causing issues with RCS and it is supposed to be decommissioned today. I noticed it no longer appears as an option on my device in myRogers. 

I'm a Regular

I had One Number and I am now getting Enhanced Messaging on my Dtek50 device with Rogers. It is also working for Fido customers too (I can personally say it works on Fido with a Nexus 5x)

No factory reset was needed. I opened the app, and a banner was at the bottom of the app screen stating the option for enhanced messenging.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I am really glad to hear RCS is now live for both Rogers and Fido customers.

I Plan to Stick Around

Still not working for me unfortunately. However all of a sudden VoLTE started working after RON was decommissioned.
I'm Here A Lot

RON and VoLTE are both up based calling this is why your VoLTE started after RON was removed.
I'm a Regular

Does Rogers extreme messaging/texting still work as normal with Android RCS or with RCS enabled, extreme text rules won't work/apply?

I Plan to Stick Around

Google messenger just asked permission to use enhanced feature. I guess rcs is live for me.

😀
I Plan to Stick Around

It's device dependant. I have a Nexus 6 for my business and I can use Google's Messenger app over WiFi and the carrier is Sugar Mobile.
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes. Put your phone in Airplane mode and activate WiFi.
If you can still send and receive SMS, you're good!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @FelipeVancim

Great to hear!:).