cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi Calling and VoLTE for Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL

skolagotla
I'm here a lot

Does any one on know when is rogers planning to push wi-fi calling feature on Pixel 2 devices ?.

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: WiFi Calling and VoLTE for Google Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL

wtv12
I plan to stick around

We should have wifi calling soon enoughOSUpgrade_EN.jpg

View solution in original post

53 REPLIES 53

RogersZia

Good morning and welcome to the Community @skolagotlaRobot Happy!

I realize WiFi Calling has become a popular feature with the recent phones. We will update the Community when we have more information.

Stay tuned!

RogersZia

This is most  used feature for me on my other phone. I think that should be be really useful for everyone.

Joelw
I've been around
I am really interested to when this will be available as well. VoLTE works great, now need Wifi access to perfect.

cstl3722
I plan to stick around

Wifi calling is enabled on LG devices since the G4 and with Smsung since S6, so it's impossible that you can't get it working with the Pixel 2. Option is there and all carriers in USA offfer it...

wtv12
I plan to stick around

We should have wifi calling soon enoughOSUpgrade_EN.jpg

wtv12
I plan to stick around

Problem entering emergency address for wifi calling on pixel xl 2

Hey,  so I sideloaded the 8.1 ota update to my pixel 2 xl and activated wifi calling which actually works fine. Problem is I can't enter my emergency address since I get a message telling me how to activate wifi calling on Iphones.  I'm also having problems with RCS messaging.Both I and a friend are on Rogers and have enhanced features activated on the Messages app but it wouldn't work so we both uninstalled the app on our phones and re-installed it and now it just gets stuck when activating the enhanced features. My friend's phone is a galaxy s8+ 

Screenshot_20171206-125642.png

apoorv
I've been here awhile

Just out of curiousity, did you get your Pixel 2 from Rogers or Google? Wondering if Wifi calling works on phones purchased directly from Google.

wtv12
I plan to stick around
I got it from Rogers but I think I saw someone saying that they got their wifi calling working on a pixel 2 XL bought from Google after asking a rep to add their IMEI to Fido's database. Not sure though

cstl3722
I plan to stick around
It's possible if you convince them.

Anyone heard about video calling on the Pixel 2 ?

wtv12
I plan to stick around

The only kind of video calling right now is duo

Not sure if actual video calling by the carrier like some samsung phones have will be supported

colem
I'm here a lot
I'm also getting this Warning message when trying to update the emergency contact info, any workaround?

jon_whitlock
I plan to stick around
Activated on mine today, on oreo 8.1 beta tester it came through and activated fine

cstl3722
I plan to stick around

Video calling is supported, Rogers just needs to turn on the switch... 

It's so annoying when you think that a 3yrs old phone like the LG g4 has this option enabled and not the latest flagship of Google...

InkedScreenshot_20171207-172358_LI.jpg

can you let me know how you got it to work. i am a beta tester as well and i was able to turn wifi calling on. when i click the update emergency info however, it takes me to the same page as the other guys on the forum

wtv12
I plan to stick around
Try it now, it should let you input your emergency address now. If it doesn't, contact Rogers support ( maybe avoid the phone line and just go with chat or Facebook messenger as it'll probably be quicker). That's what I did and they fixed my RCS and wifi calling problems withing one day.

Lantec
I've been here awhile
I just got the 8.1 update today and got the prompt for Wifi calling. When I tried to activate it, the Rogers pages said my device is not eligible? It's a pixel 2 XL from the Google store.

wtv12
I plan to stick around
Wifi calling only works on devices bought from Rogers

Did anybody with a Rogers-bought Pixel 2 get the 8.1 update?

Yes, I have received the 8.1 update, but I was also in the beta (now on the non-beta 8.1).

I can also confirm that contacting tech support fixed the "emergency contact/ iPhone" prompt and is now working on my device 

Nick0703
I've been here awhile

@wtv12 That's not true! Wi-Fi Calling works fine on my Pixel 2 XL and I bought it straight from Google. You just have to contact Customer Support and have them enable it for the device.

Topic Stats