Wi-fi calling on unlocked Android devices

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: Wi-fi calling on unlocked Android devices

It's an online submission form. Go to the crtc website and click on "make a complaint". You will be taken to a form. This is how I completed it:
Details Please provide the details of your complaint.
Rogers blocks the wifi calling feature for Android users that don't purchase the phone from Rogers. The feature is not blocked for iPhone users or Android users that purchased their phone from Rogers.
I have communicated with technical support over chat but basically there is no solution offered besides buying a phone from them or buying an iPhone.
What do you consider to be a reasonable resolution to your dispute?
Offer the same services to all unlocked devices including iPhone and Android or offer a discount for the blocked feature to non-Rogers Android users.
When did you become aware of the facts leading to your complaint? 2019-05-04
Billing Amount Being Disputed
How did you hear about CCTS? other

I received a response from the crtc by email confirming that this falls within the scope of issues they deal with. After that I received a call from the crtc and 2 calls from Rogers to allow me to use wifi calling.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks more people should file complaints to bring awareness around Rogers unethical practices.
I've Been Here Awhile

I did fill the crtc form and the next day I got a call from crtc saying it's not us to submit the complaint to. then I said who will be if not you? they said you have to submit it to ccts!!

Did you been told the same? or crtc resolve the issue? 

Thanks,

I've Been Here Awhile

What phone do you have I can give you the solution if you have S8
I've Been Here Awhile

Note9 Canadian Model. Error message device no eligible. Rogers sells same  device with same model number and it works fine. Rogers continues to disappoint their customers in every service they provide "Profit first customers whatever who cares".

I've Been Here Awhile

yes I have the note9 from Samsung Canada however Rogers does not allow wifi calling. so bad.. I am looking for different carrier who cares about customers