cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Watch LTE Smartwatch support

garron2
I've been around

Now that Rogers has released support for Apple watches, and the Samsung LTE watch will be in Canada in late October, when will Rogers support the Samsung LTE watch?

***EDITED LABELS***

228 REPLIES 228

Re: Samsung Galaxy Watch LTE Smartwatch support

When could we expect support for Galaxy Watch LTE ? Any ETA?

Six months after now. I will move my two line to Telus if no ETA.

I have a Samsung Galaxy LTE Watch (which I bought before I knew it was Bell and Telus only). How long until I can activate it on my ShareEverything Plan?

shawarma662
I've been here awhile
Rogers has no plan to offer LTE on Samsung watches. Moving to bell because of this in August when the note 10 comes out. 11 years with Rogers. Love everything about this company. But they won't offer us what is today's technology. Sad.

Amahay
I've been here awhile

When would Rogers start supporting Samsung Galaxy LTE? Bell and Telus are already supporting. Based on past forums, Rogers is saying they will start supporting Samsung in October 2018 but nothing until now. I can't connect my watch.

claven2
I plan to stick around
Welcome to the complete and utter disappointment that is Rogers' attempt to remain competitive with other vendors that actually care about what their customers want to buy.

In Rogers' case, innovation begins and ends with apple products. Sadly. iPhone and apple watch is most popular with senior citizens these days. Says everything you need to know about who the shot callers are at Roger's mobile.

Amahay
I've been here awhile
Complete Disappointment. When i went to Rogers store, they told me to use bluetooth service on the watch to access phone on watch. Why the heck i paid $100 more to buy latest technology?? Dummmersss !!! 😡😡

Good morning @Amahay and welcome to our Community!

I know our customers are excited about support for a variety of wearables beyond the Apple Watch. Please stay tuned to this page and our main website. We would absolutely make an announcement when such support arrives!

Regards,

RogersCorey

Hi Community ,

1) update from s4 LTE with  rogers please?

2) can I keep my phone number and stay with rogers for my mobile but use a other provider for my s4 LTE,  providing gsm LTE service for s4 already?

Best
Brice

Hello @brices4,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 😃

As both an Android and Wearable technology fan, I can totally understand your desire to get LTE functionality on your Android wearables like the Samsung S4 LTE.

We currently do not have any additional updates on this but once we do it will be big news. We will update this thread and the Rogers.com website will also be updated with the news.

With regards to your second inquiry, from my understanding of how it works with Apple iPhone and the Apple Watch, it would have to on the same plan. I am unsure if there are different setups possible with wearables using the Android Platform.

We appreciate all of your patience!

RogersTony

trailhawk
I've been here awhile

These ridiculous nonsense replies will do nothing to appease customers. An actual update with real information, an explanation as to the hold up and potential release dates would be helpful. Even a "Rogers never plans on supporting Android LTE watch functionality" would be better than these replies - at least it would be honest and customers could make informed decisions on their cell phone providers rather than waiting for something that's never going to happen.

HayDude
I plan to stick around

Great response!!!! Customers should vote with their feet!

Sblundell7858
I've been here awhile
I guess rogers has enough customers that they can lose lots. If they had any plans at all to provide this service they would have let people know or they really do not care about the customer.

After a phone call with customer service yesterday, It appears I was right about more then enough costumers. I called about my internet service going down on a weekly basis and my cell phone not getting a signal at home. I also asked if and when they will support the samsung watch. They don't think they will be able to figure out these issues and I would be better off going to a different provider.

Domenice
I've been around
Can someone please let me know if i can get my watch lte on rogers network I've been waiting a long time and i bought this watch for that reason..was i miss lead just to make a sale...rogers get it together ..i got my watch on 12/23/18 ITS NOW 09/12/19

HayDude
I plan to stick around
No you can not. I started this thread a long time ago as you can see over a year ago. Rogers has no interest in supporting the Samsung watch. I personally feel that Rogers does not care about this product or the customers who use it.

HayDude
I plan to stick around
It's been over three years that customers have been really wanting Rogers to support the Samsung watch. Why won't Rogers just come out and say they won't support it? Does Rogers get paid by Apple or have some kind of a benefit for not supporting the Samsung watch?

clement812
I've been here awhile
Time to say goodbye to Rogers

STbrice
I've been here awhile

To Rogers Support

Subject: independant  LTE account for Samsung Galaxy watch LTE

We waited for almost 2 years WHEN please ???

Best 

shawarma662
I've been here awhile

after waiting almost 3 years moved 2 business lines  to Telus, got better price on my monthly rates  65$ per month 10 GB unlimited data. got 24 months LTE on 2 galaxy watches no charge. I called and spoke to rogers at least 6 times during the 3 years, no care in the world. I love rogers customer service dot get me wrong, but they have to listen to their customers needs. my 2 cents.

STbrice
I've been here awhile

Thanks for u r 2 cts and it look like u find a better deal at telus, wtg.

Rogers is a good firm , and I could find some cool ppls working for them

I m right with you on this point ,

The only problem I see,  is that the ''guys'' whois running it, are not conscious of what is a Tech company... so the company are not operating at the best.  

Why are they making us wait ? because I bet no one at Rogers  bang its fists on the table . Do they know how to Android LTD alone account could be interesting and practical ? I doubt it 

think: skate, snowboarding , bikes , school, work....

E-SK
I plan to stick around

Rogers: it's about time to offer support for Samsung Watch LTE customers. Catering only to Apple customers, not everyone on the planet cares about Apple watches and or any of their products - I for one, never did, never will.
Perhaps it's time for your loyal subscriber to hop off your wagon and hop on to Bell's or Telus'.