cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor

Hey everyone!!

Once again its the time of the year that Samsung announces their new Note line up. I am happy to announce that Samsung this afternoon announced the Samsung Galaxy Note 7!. The device seem to have amazing specs! Including memory SD card slot, water resistant and most of all, curved screens on both side for the Note Series and Iris scanner!

1). Once Rogers has announce when they will add the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to the reservation list & the day comes, sign into your My Rogers account - Product & Services – Wireless & you will see a Red wording saying “Device Reservation" on the main page. Click that & it will take you to the page. Once there you will need to pick which device you want; Samsung Note 7 Black and what other colors they may release it on. You also need to pick the store you want it to go too. Just to make it clear, reservations are for current Rogers wireless customers which have contracts with them. Rogers will put up the Pre order list for people that want to pre order the phone which have no wireless accounts with Rogers. Also just too add below is the meaning of the statues .

- If your status is "OPEN", your reservation has been made and we are awaiting product from our supplier. At this time you can change your pick-up location, contact email address or cancel your reservation.
- If your status is "CANCELLED", your reservation has been cancelled and your reservation fee will be credited back to your account.
- If your status is "IN PROGRESS", we have begun the shipment process and you will not be able to edit or cancel your reservation any longer. The next email you will get will be the one that confirms shipment to the store you chose.
- If your status is "SHIPPED", your device has left our warehouse and is on its way to the store you chose. Keep in mind that you can NOT reserve a device via calling them. It can ONLY happen if the reservation system is down but they will to reserve it via online. Plus if you reserve it via phone, you will NOT see your status or know what number you are VS reserving it online.

2). Please keep in mind that if you pick a Rogers Authorized dealership, you may not be able to get the device soon after it ships. This has been the main issue with all the iPhone reservations & most of the other devices which have been on the reservation system. I would suggest you pick a Local Rogers store (Corporate Rogers store or Rogers Plus) to go to get it. When the Rogers warehouse sends it out, the Rogers stores will get them first. Some of the Rogers Authorized dealers have their own warehouse in which the devices will go to. After that there is no tracking until the device ships from that warehouse & goes to the store & they call you. You can also look for your FlexTab aka upgrade fee online via My Rogers or contact Rogers & they will let you know.

3). Also remember you are going to have to put down a $40 fee to reserve the device. Once it ships out, the $40 fee will be reversed back into your account. IF you want to cancel your reservation, that $40 will also be credit back to you. So either way you will get that $40 back. Also remember you may NOT be the first to get the phone if you have a high number or a low one. The Reservation system is made to have a device reserved for you as the stores will be sold out. If your reservation status still says “ OPEN” after launch & a store has a device in stock, you can still go in the store & get it. Then come back home & cancel the reservation online. If the status is “ IN PROGRESS” & you get a device via a store that have one for u, you have to wait until it ships out & then tell the store that u picked u do not want it. Do reemember the reservation number is CANADA - WIDE. This means if lets say you are #45 in line for the black one, you are #45 for that GB , color & model Canada wide. Also keep in mine you have to be the account holder in order to pick up the device at the store. No one else can. You can try adding a family member as Level on the account but some stores will decline it.

For frequently asked questions about the Rogers Reservation System, please click here Rogers Reservation FAQ

4) .For Corporate / Business customers. You guys will have a different line then regular customers do. This means you guys have a few different statutes then regular customers do. Also keep in mind for the past few years there has been issues / confusen about business customers getting the phones via the reservation. You guys will be getting them the day of launch or after depending on your status & what goes on.

Let's make this thread the only thread for the devices please and if you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I'll gladly be able to help:)

3,031 REPLIES 3,031

Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Reservation numbers / Questions

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

That is true. Most likely that is what is going on.

wpd1
I plan to stick around

I'm not knocking anyone for whatever choice they make. We all have to follow our comfort level. You just have to ask yourself why Samsung is not communicating things that could make people feel better about what's going on. If that black square is the distinguishing item, then tell us ...... If phones manufactured from 31 Aug forward are 100% new phones with good batteries, then issue a press release and let people know.

All I get from Samsung is basically, " if we sent you a new phone then it has to be safe, trust us ".

By the way, is the black square "printed" on the label or is it a "sticker" ?

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @wpd1

That is true. Most likely that is what is going on.

I assumed swapping the battery out and put a new one in and try to make the water resistant rating as it used to be is more difficult than just make a new one and sent them out.  I have doubt Samsung will take this time consuming route?

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around

@wpd1 wrote:

I'm not knocking anyone for whatever choice they make. We all have to follow our comfort level. You just have to ask yourself why Samsung is not communicating things that could make people feel better about what's going on. If that black square is the distinguishing item, then tell us ...... If phones manufactured from 31 Aug forward are 100% new phones with good batteries, then issue a press release and let people know.

All I get from Samsung is basically, " if we sent you a new phone then it has to be safe, trust us ".

By the way, is the black square "printed" on the label or is it a "sticker" ?

I just talked to Samsung, asking for info for my phone and as usual they have no clue.

So I ask them how do we tell visually which one is the safe phone and which one is the potential unsafe phone, the operator said it is impossible.  Only Samsung tech people can tell the difference.  .......

Is anything I can help you with today.....No!! Bye!!

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @wpd1

The black square is printed on the white square which gives u the IMEI, SN, model number and such on the bottom of the box. It's not a sticker added ontop.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @germain18_2006

Yeah i got the same. The first rep told me he didn't think they shipped out the devices this fast and when I asked him to check my IMEI, a lady comes on the phone telling me we got the new devices and thay she doesn't know what black square I am talking about but he has gotten tons of phone calls about it.

wpd1
I plan to stick around

@germain18_2006

Perhaps the Samsung silence is really about not focusing on " when " they realized there was a problem as that would bring about more questions concerning "why" they took so long to advise of the recall and further open them to liability. Who knows. Other than watching Jerry Rig destroy phones for our viewing pleasure on Youtube, I have no idea what would be involved in a properly designed assembly line to remove and replace batteries, which I suspect that if relatively efficient, would be the most cost effective means to produce replacement phones.

phonefan
I plan to stick around

I was told that the small black box was an indicator that the phone is safe and uses a non-defective battery they wouldn't say ATL or SDI I think they are trying to protect SDI. 

@wpd1 someone posted a picture earlier it is a small black box on the sticker of the phone box. 

I agree at the end it is up to personal choice. If I were you @wpd1 I would seriously return it even if the manufacturing date is Aug 31. You are so far the only person I know who does not have a black box on your phone box sticker unless anyone else can confirm? Coincidences should not be taken lightly.

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around

@Meowmix wrote:
Hello @germain18_2006

Yeah i got the same. The first rep told me he didn't think they shipped out the devices this fast and when I asked him to check my IMEI, a lady comes on the phone telling me we got the new devices and thay she doesn't know what black square I am talking about but he has gotten tons of phone calls about it.

I even mentioned the green battery symbol we heard of and he read the script again by say...."If you didn't read this from Samsung Official Website, it is not real...." 

Well...thank you very much.  We've read so many things not from Samsung website which is real and Samsung stuff didn't even know about it.  There are no hope on Rogers Stuff and Samsung Stuff....We are on our own.

phonefan
I plan to stick around

Also the reference to a black box printed on the label is everywhere in the media:

http://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2016/9/9/12865966/samsung-note-7-recall-battery-mark-blue-s

"You'll see a small black box on the white barcode label, but the more obvious identifier will be a circular sticker with a blue S in the middle."

The only thing missing from my box is the blue S sticker but I agree with @Meowmix that is something they added after in addition to the black box.

Anyways this recall has been a mess and with too much inconsistencies. They should just make an official announcement.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @germain18_2006

Rogers gets their information from Samsung. So if course they won't know much until they get more information. Sadly it seems like u said we are on our own on this.

phonefan
I plan to stick around

Those reps are clueless it is like talking to 1st level support not their fault but this shows incredible lack of coordination from leadership. Plus different reps say different things...

wpd1
I plan to stick around

I even have @CommunityHelps trying to crack the Samsung nut from their end ( by the way, they have been great ) but still can't get a straight answer from Samsung yet ( to date ).

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @phonefan

That is the same black mark I have but no S on it. The S in blue must have been added after the government got involved

germain18_2006
I plan to stick around

@wpd1 wrote:

I even have @CommunityHelps trying to crack the Samsung nut from their end ( by the way, they have been great ) but still can't get a straight answer from Samsung yet ( to date ).

All they keep saying is ...."Don't worry, you'll get your phone. "

Give me a break.

phonefan
I plan to stick around

At least Samsung Australia announced it officially (the black box):

http://www.samsung.com/au/galaxynote7-notice/?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000279

FYI don't use the IMEI checker on the site:

•   This IMEI form has been designed for Galaxy Note7 devices purchased in Australia from Samsung Australia or an authorised Samsung Australia reseller.
•   Galaxy Note7 smartphones purchased outside of Australia or through channels not authorised by Samsung Australia (for example Kogan.com.au and some eBay stores) may source their stock outside of Australia and therefore are unable to be identified through this page. If you own such a device, you should reach out to your place of purchase for guidance

Come on Samsung Canada....come out with an announcment and an IMEI checker for Canada

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @phonefan and @wpd1 and @germain18_2006

To enable you to easily identify you have received a replacement Galaxy Note7, the packaging for new smartphones will have two identifiers on their box:

1. a white sticker with a blue letter 'S'; and
2. a small black square on the white barcode label.

So indeed the ones with the black dot have the new ones. I guess they shipped those out first before adding the blue S on the boxes.

comcry
I plan to stick around

phonefan
I plan to stick around
FYI according to users in Singapore they were told:

“A software update will be rolled out in late September to assist our customers to differentiate the newly exchanged Galaxy Note7 from the previous batch. With this software update successfully installed on the newly exchanged Note7, the battery status indicator on the newly exchanged device will be displayed in green instead of white. The newly exchanged Note7 will also feature a new ‘Battery status’ icon on the power menu, in addition to the ‘Power off’, ‘Restart’ and ‘Emergency mode’ icons, which can be viewed when users press and hold the power button.”

That's also what I was told about the green battery indicator will come before end of Sep.

Meowmix
I'm a trusted advisor
Hello @phonefan

Yes i remember reading thay too and not just for them, its for everyone.. The New Note 7 devices have a unique IMEI number which is not the same as the old ones. So the system will know which device to send the update too.

angelop
I plan to stick around

@wpd1

Exactly just returned the note 7 for a full  refund, I kept the 64gig card. Sucks but all in all this warrany  process

is a joke. At first rogers told me return the phone when you want - its on a recall. Whatever Dont trus anyone. I had till the 19th to return it. Better be safe than sorry. Samsung contavted me earlier today because I requested the device to be picked up. They asked where I would like to pick it up. Forget that, earlier in the forums I heard that rogers outlelts were returning the replacement phone to samsung. all in all I played it safe i got my money back ( purchased outright) and I will wait for a new not refirbished unit or maybe rogers will get the 128gb 6gig ram in the future -- just like how the note 5 was first offered as a 32g unit and then a 64gig unit.

Anyway thanks to everyone in this forum for all the advise.

keep up the great forum.