Huawei OS updates

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I'm Here A Lot

Re: Huawei OS updates

As one of those that got the update I wanted to let those know that are still waiting that all is definitely not perfect. I am finding it incredibly glitchy. My phone constantly shuts open apps that I am using. Earlier today my maps didn't work at all and the GPS on both Google maps and Waze failed. It was only after a restart that things worked. I am finding myself restarting my phone frequently now, something i rarely did before. Hopefully something is n the world to fix the bugs
I Plan to Stick Around

Got the update 30 minute ago. I m in Scarborough Ontario.

If I experience issue after the update, I might do a backup then factory reset. I often find issues with upgraded from my xperia days... And factory reset tend to make it better
I Plan to Stick Around

The update process took around 40min, and the initiate impressive is really good. I really like the pie gesture navigation.

For those who said they are not interested in the gesture based navigation. Please note the pie gesture is native to Pie, and work similar to the iphone X experience, and not the gesture navigation Huawei tried to create under EMUI 8

If you dont care the gesture to be honest, then theres not that much upgrade compared to EMUI 8 imho
I Plan to Stick Around

Just a quick update, the updated OS have been stable and without any noticeable bugs. 

My build number is 9.0.0.159, and security update is November 2018. 

I Plan to Stick Around

Just received the update finally last night.

Hopefully it will be stable without any issues.

So far so good.
I Plan to Stick Around

I hope you all getting the update soon. It's absolutely amazing, I made a video to showcase the EMUI 9 gesture navigation for anyone who might be interested:

https://youtu.be/F4T5cemvrjg

I Plan to Stick Around

I hope I get it soon. Still nothing here. 😥
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm still waiting for the update too. I'm not sure if it's being pushed by region or by other techniques. I'm in Kelowna BC and nothing yet.

fingers crossed it will arrive soon.

I Plan to Stick Around

Still nothing here either.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

I don't think location matters, but I got my update this morning in Ottawa. 

Screenshot_20190130-063945.jpg