cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is a "Value Pack"?

BernieRoehl
I've been here awhile

I recently upgraded my mobile plan to "Infinite +20 Financing".

I notice I have something called a "Value Pack" that's still there after upgrading.  It costs $24 a month, but there's no description of exactly what it is.  Do I need it for anything?

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: What is a "Value Pack"?

RogersMaude

Good day @BernieRoehl,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thanks for your post! Value Packs are no longer available to Rogers wireless customers unless you currently subscribe to and have an existing Value Pack on your account.

If you currently have a Value Pack, you may have some of the following features: 

• Premium Voicemail-to-Text
  • iPhone Visual Voicemail
  • U.S./International Preferred Rate
  • Unlimited U.S. & International Text, Picture and Video Messages
  • Name Display
  • WhoCalled

Once a Value Pack is removed, you’ll no longer have access to the enhanced features or additional add-ons it included. For more information, click here

We could surely assist you with removing the Value Pack from your account. To do so, please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find instructions about our private messaging in this blog.

RogersMaude

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

RogersMaude

Good day @BernieRoehl,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thanks for your post! Value Packs are no longer available to Rogers wireless customers unless you currently subscribe to and have an existing Value Pack on your account.

If you currently have a Value Pack, you may have some of the following features: 

• Premium Voicemail-to-Text
  • iPhone Visual Voicemail
  • U.S./International Preferred Rate
  • Unlimited U.S. & International Text, Picture and Video Messages
  • Name Display
  • WhoCalled

Once a Value Pack is removed, you’ll no longer have access to the enhanced features or additional add-ons it included. For more information, click here

We could surely assist you with removing the Value Pack from your account. To do so, please send us a private message at @CommunityHelps. You can find instructions about our private messaging in this blog.

RogersMaude

Gimped
I plan to stick around
Same!! Just upgraded to the same infinite plan as @BernieRoehl and I have a value pack... but it’s only $7. And I, too, cannot see what’s included in the value pack, just that I’m paying for one. So I don’t know if there’s an overlap of features or not.

Still not clear if the value pack is required with the features included in the infinite plan.

Can Rogers provide more clarity here please?

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Its really important to know what plan you are paying for and what extra features you are paying for on your monthly cell phone bill. If it does not specify on the PDF or printout of your bill, then please call customer service.

A value pack is just that, its a bundle of features at a good price, if u had to get the features at their standalone price you would def pay more, so find out what features are in your value pack if you dont need them, you can drop the value pack by asking a rep to do it for you.

SAILOR17
I've been here awhile

I have the same issue except my value pack costs $10 and I have no idea what it includes.   I don't know whether it is a value or not.  I probably rarely use those features and it would likely save me money if I were to drop it .or pay as i go.

My plan is very expensive for only 4gb of data, ($105,50)  even though i get a 30% "discount"because it's a business plan (I think).   Also, I have a Share Everything plan even though I'm single.  I don't get it.  Seems to be purposely confusing.

Greetings @SAILOR17!

If you need any clarification about the features you have on your account, we can help! We can also look into potential plan options that may provide more data or savings as well. 🙂

Please feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I strongly suggest wireless customers go thru their bills often and with a fine tooth comb and if they are not sure about anything on their bill to call and ask for clarification.

My wife was not one of these people until she met me.  She would not even look at her bills and would only look at the amount being withdrawn from her bank account.

Thank god she met me I convinced her to login every month, download and save the pdf files onto our hard drive, and go thru them to see the itemized charges and to always check for extra charges such as extra features, overages, long distance and international text messages.  We were able to change her plan and remove unwanted features from her line and get a significant $aving$ every month! 

SAILOR17
I've been here awhile

This still does not explain what a value pack includes.  How do I find that out?  It seems like it is a purposely vague charge under which you have little control.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

A value pack is exactly that, a bundle of features for a great value.  There is MORE than one kind of value pack, some have more features some have less,  if you requested the value pack, you would know what is in it, if not, simply call customer service and they will be able to tell you what features are included in this particular value pack, maybe u dont need all the features? then ask to change it to a different value pack with less features, maybe you will save a few bucks? who knows? but no one will know unless they call and ASK.

We cant help answer your question because we are not employees and have no access to your account, were regular customers just like you but a little bit more on the knowledgeable side of things

Topic Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 6 Likes
  • 6 in conversation