cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unreturned Equipment Charges

jhluo22
I've been around

I cancelled my service in December, returned the equipments in December, but Rogers charged me for almost $400. I called more than 10 times, finally received an email on Jan 25th saying the charges will be reversed, yet we called after and after and again and again and the charges are still there (today is Feb 12). It has also started incurring late payment fees. Called many times and everyone told me to wait. 2 business days, 4 business days, 14 business days, next billing cycle..... Now my account says CANCELLED with UNRETURNED EQUIPMENT CHARGES and LATE INTEREST CHARGES. I can tolerate no more. I need to resolve this right now.

***Edited Labels***

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Unreturned Equipment Charges

RogersCorey

Greetings @jhluo22!

I am sorry to hear that you've been having such difficulties with returning equipment to us. I can initiate a track and trace case on your behalf to hunt down the missing equipment and once it's located, we can reverse those fees.

Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

st1234
I've been around

I am having the exact same problem, defeated and sad that i dont have more words to explain my frustration, if you ever figured out a way, please do let me know.

Thanks,

EDfedupcustomer
I plan to stick around

I had the same issue with 3 cell phones I returned during December 2023. Seems like a scam. I returned them all to a local Rogers store yet none of them were processed as returned and my account was charged for the cost of all three phones because Rogers was claiming they weren't returned.  For the return of 2 of the phones, I was told there was no paperwork they could provide. At my request, I was only given the name of the person accepting the phones back. The third phone was returned to a different Rogers store, who provided paperwork confirming the return. However, that phone was also not processed correctly, and Rogers charged my account for the full remaining cost of that phone too. 

This leads to several questions: 

1. why is Roger's allowed to charge our accounts because of issues they have with receiving returned phones? CLEARLY IT'S A ROGERS PROBLEM NOT A CUSTOMER PROBLEM!!!!!   SO WHY IS ROGERS ALLOWED TO IMPOSE THIS CHARGE ON THEIR CUSTOMERS?

2. why the inconsistency with providing paperwork to a customer  for their records and to prove the return of the phone?

3. why are so many returned phones not processed correctly, resulting in exorbitant charges that a customer has to then waste so much time, and experience so much stress to get it reversed? I have wasted between 3-4 hours on average, and as long as 12 hours waiting on hold to connect with Rogers Customer Service, and still you don't always get through to the right person;  they have put me on hold, hung up, or transferred me without any explanation. 

Customers that experience any issue's by Rogers should be compensated for their lost time and all the stress they experience! 

Good Day @st1234 and @EDfedupcustomer 👋

Yikes! We're sorry to hear about what transpired with regards to your unreturned equipment charges. This is most certainly not the type of experience we want you to be having. The last thing we want to due is to induce any type of stress. I found some helpful articles with regards to Returning Rental Equipment, Returning a Wireless Phone or Accessory, and Returning a Device through our Upfront Edge Program

Has the issue been resolved for you since you both posted? If not, we can create a ticket for a track and trace case as @RogersCorey mentioned to find out the status of the equipment return. 

Feel free to send us a PM in the event that you still require assistance and we'd be more than happy to investigate this for you. For more information on how our messaging system works, click here

Regards, 

RogersJo 

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 5 in conversation