cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexplained International Text Messages on Bill

Bakulm
I've been around

I just woke up and saw that i got $200 charged on some international messages to US which i never sent. I have seen people having the same issue in the past. Can someone guide me through the process to fight it with rogers. I spoke to rogers representative and the person was not that helpful. Can someone guide me through the process to fight it

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Unexplained International Text Messages on Bill

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

be careful sometimes it could be a specific app on your phone sending the text message for you.  every app on your phone has permissions to things like calender, phone calls, and yes even sms.   It could very well be an app that is designed to send a message to an international number, lots of apps send and receive text messages especially for verifiation purposes,  please list all the apps on your android phone and we can tell you which ones to look out for

RogersCorey

Greetings @Bakulm!

I'd be more than happy to look into these charges for you. I would also highly recommend continuing your conversation here publicly with those that have responded to you in order to figure out if you have any problem apps that might be the source of this issue.

Our Resident Experts are a font of knowledge so definitely lean on their expertise! 🙂

Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further with the billing side of things. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

Could you also look into it for me?

I just discovered $400 in text messages to the US on my son’s cell account. I checked his phone with no evidence of any texts being sent to the US. He’s had his phone for years and never texts, let alone internationally. It just doesn’t add up and the people at Rogers couldn’t offer anything to help in terms of more details about the texts so I can get to the bottom of it.

Hello, @pauljcahill563.

I appreciate you joining this conversation; welcome to our Community!

@pauljcahill563 wrote:
Could you also look into it for me?

The charges accrued for texting may not be direct texts; they could be related to some group chat in an app, game, etc. We'd gladly investigate your concern; please send us a private message as outlined by RogersCorey in his response. 

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 5 in conversation