cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer old number

dcq5
I've been here awhile

I requested to transfer my current phone number from Fido to a new Rogers plan. I finally got the text from Fido confirming the request but I don’t know what to do now. I had to use my Fido SIM card to receive the text, should I now switch to the Roger’s SIM card (which I haven’t activated yet be cause of the temporary number)?

**Labels Added**

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Transfer old number

RogersMaude

Good day @dcq5,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thank you for your post!

The phone number you’re transferring to Rogers must be active to complete your transfer. Your existing service gets cancelled automatically when the transfer is finished. Only active numbers are transferable.

• You’ll also get a text message on the number you want to transfer. Reply Yes to the text within 90 minutes of receiving it to complete your transfer. If you don’t do this, your request will be cancelled. You’ll need to restart the process again to transfer your number.
  • We’ll complete your transfer within 2.5 hours and send you a text message when the transfer is complete. If you don’t get a text after this time, restart your device.
  • You can check the status of your transfer on your MyRogers Wireless dashboard.

You must have your previous carrier's SIM card in your phone to get the text message. If you don’t reply in time, let us know and we’ll send a new transfer request.

Normally, when you reply "Yes" within the allowed hour and a half, you put your new SIM in your device and receive the confirmation that the transfer is completed in a timely manner. Please notify us if you have questions!

Hope this helps!

RogersMaude

Hello
I’ve been trying to port my fido number to rogers since more than 4 days now. Did not receive any text message for the same. The customer service is pathetic and of no help.
Even if I try to transfer my number through my rogers account online, it said that my fido number is already in process of being transferred. Moreover, neither the Rogers customer service personnel nor Fido one could find any porting requests related to my account.
Kindly help me with this matter by escalating it. 

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Hello NewCustomer2, did you receive a Text Message on your FIDO line acknowledging the request to port out the number? you would have to respond to this text message otherwise the port will be in pending status and may eventually the request might be cancelled.

Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation