cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Rogers Customer Service is confusing and disconnected - Ignite TV

CyberConsultant
I've been here awhile

To Whom it may concern,

I have been trying for one month to get a second to ignite the TV box. I called 888-764-3771 at least three times and waited for someone to answer my call for at least 2 hours, but no one came. Finally, I went to a Rogers store, and they told me they could not help and handed me a phone number, 888-764-9771. Unbelievable! Circular reference into the abyss. Ironic while waiting on hold over the phone, I am bombarded by upselling advertising; this is like SPAMing and should be reported to CASL (Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation). Ironic while waiting on hold over the phone, I am bombarded by "Call Anna" if she can't help, you will be directed to 888-764-9771. Well, I tried Anna, and she is useless.

Is there any way to talk to a human and get what I need, or do I need to cancel my service and go to BELL?

Please assist me...

**Labels Added**

6 REPLIES 6

Re: The Rogers Customer Service is confusing and disconnected - Ignite TV

RogersYasmine

Hello @CyberConsultant,

A warm welcome to our Rogers Community! We hope you like it here. 🙂

I'm so sorry to hear of the disappointing experience you had when trying to get through to a live agent to assist with your request. Although we do our best to ensure we are well-staffed at all times, I know that some days can be busier than others. Apologies for any frustration caused. 😞

We can certainly assist you with having a new Ignite Entertainment box added to your account. Feel free to send us a Private Message so we can get started. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please check out our blog.

We hope to hear from you soon!

RogersYasmine

That's hilarious, more run around. Instead of actually helping me you tell me to go somewhere else to get help. This is exactly the type of bad logic that has infected customer support that is the problem. 😂🤣

If you want to help me just send me the ignite tv box, it's that simple.☺️👌

Hey @CyberConsultant,

I'm sorry if my message came across that way, I'm certainly not trying to give you the runaround. 😞

Please note that this is a public forum and in order for us to properly assist you, I'd need for you to send us a Private Message so we can confirm your account details safely and securely and access your account. Once done, we'd be able to place the order for you. 

I appreciate your understanding and hopefully we hear back from you soon.

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

Yup, it feels like a run around. My account is linked to 647-XXX-XXXX(Keep personal info private). Have someone send me an ignite tv box. If there is a change call me or bill my account.

Why did you edit my post? My mobile number is my mobile number. I publish it on web site. It's my choice if I want to publish it here to try and cut through the layers of confusion, and diffusion to reach the service support that I pay for monthly at Rogers. Don't do that again ok, it's not your information to edit.

Like I said before please send me a second ignite tv box thank you. My account is connected to my phone number 647-XXX-XXXX.

BTW if someone's information is available in the public domain it's not considered to be private information.

@CyberConsultant wrote:

Why did you edit my post? 

Your post was edited because it contained someone's personal phone number. There is no way for the forum moderators to know if the number you posted is yours, or belongs to someone else who could be spammed (or worse) due to the public posting of a phone number.  No personal information is ever allowed on forums.

If you wish to contact the forum moderators you need to do this by sending them a PM and then filling out a secure form when they respond. See link below on how to PM or simply click on @CommunityHelps and send them a message.

https://communityforums.rogers.com/t5/Blog/How-to-send-a-Private-Message/ba-p/487946

You can also contact Rogers in other ways outlined in the following link:

https://www.rogers.com/contact

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation