Service Area Expansion

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Service Area Expansion

Hi @Katydot,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums.

I can see how important a reliable high speed internet connection can be in this day and age. Please follow the steps listed in post 8 of 10 in this thread. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

RogersZia

I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers internet services

Hello.i live in Brampton near Clareville conservation area and bell and rogers internet were not available forever.(phone line only from bell).bell finally provided internet service (dsl) and I'm happy with the connectivity,but limited to 25mbs download speed.everyday browsing/gaming is fine but when it's time for game downloads I wish I had faster speeds.i always envy my friends when they tell me they can download a big game or game update patch in several minutes and I'm always the last one waiting for the download to finish.whenever I see cable trucks in my area I always stop and ask them is rogers services ever going to be "available"in my area and they tell me it's on the order.i always check rogers online as well but nothing seems to change.

so my main question is,rather then talking to a rogers support technician (they really can't give an answer and it's understandable) is there anyone else I can call or talk to regarding if/when services will ever be available in my area?????I would really like an answer to give me some clarification so perhaps I can stop getting my hopes up.

Best regards!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Robert99 wrote:

Rogers internet services

Hello.i live in Brampton near Clareville conservation area and bell and rogers internet were not available forever.(phone line only from bell).bell finally provided internet service (dsl) and I'm happy with the connectivity,but limited to 25mbs download speed.everyday browsing/gaming is fine but when it's time for game downloads I wish I had faster speeds.i always envy my friends when they tell me they can download a big game or game update patch in several minutes and I'm always the last one waiting for the download to finish.whenever I see cable trucks in my area I always stop and ask them is rogers services ever going to be "available"in my area and they tell me it's on the order.i always check rogers online as well but nothing seems to change.

so my main question is,rather then talking to a rogers support technician (they really can't give an answer and it's understandable) is there anyone else I can call or talk to regarding if/when services will ever be available in my area?????I would really like an answer to give me some clarification so perhaps I can stop getting my hopes up.

Best regards!

The only way would be calling the Rogers Sales Team, or send a PM to @CommunityHelps asking when your area will get service.

I'm a Senior Advisor

@Robert99I would call Rogers and ask them to check your speed. You can probably do that yourself on line anyway. If it's not as advertised, Rogers needs to fix it. I think 25 Mbps is fantastic for DSL. The fastest DSL I get from my ISP is 15 Mbps (I get 13 at best) and it's adequate for Netflix and most other stuff if there aren't too many family members on my WiFi, but it does take an hour to post a 3 minute video to Facebook with a maximum upload speed of 1 Mbps.

SA8300HD, SA8300SD, DTA50, LG-E410B PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
I Plan to Stick Around

I actually have Bell and was inquiring about if rogers services would ever be available in my area and whom to talk to get a proper answer..thx for your reply though.

Hello @Robert99,

We look forward to seeing you be a Rogers customer Robot Happy!

You can check availability in your area by entering your postal code here or you can reach out to us via PM @CommunityHelps and we'll be happy to assist you. Our private messaging system is explained in this blog.

RogersZia

I've Been Around

questions about tv service

Just wondering will Rogers be offering tv service in Burlington Ontario L7t4h3 in the near future

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@browser57:  I believe Burlington is Cogeco country.  I don't believe there are many (any?) areas of the country that have two cable service providers.  It is simply too expensive to "overbuild" (have two cable companies in the same area).

It's possible, but currently unlikely that Rogers would take over Cogeco, so that's probably also not going to happen.

Rogers have purchased some smaller areas in the past (Mountain, Aurora, etc) or "swapped" areas with other major cable providers like Shaw, however, you're unlikely to see Rogers in Burlington unless it's some sort of buyout.

I've Been Around

Does Rogers have any internet service in Virgil Niagara on the lake? 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Garytwizz : Based on the following link it looks like it, however, you would need to call to see if your specific location does.  Sometimes one side of the road can have it while another doesn't.

https://www.findinternet.ca/en/niagara-on-the-lake-ontario

Edit, upon further review the above link seems to list just about everybody and has an * that you should call.  I guess you should call.  😉  I didn't think Rogers was in that area.  I thought it was Cogeco country, per my previous post 18.

You can check Cogeco availability using the following link:

https://www.cogeco.ca/en/contact/shopping