cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Area Expansion

Sunfox
I plan to stick around

So, in my hunt for a new house in the Stouffville area (north of Markham) one of my wants is, of course, Rogers service. Now, a good chunk of the area I'm looking in is indeed serviced. But I note that one enclave I was looking at isn't. However, existing Rogers trunk lines come up to the edge of the same concession block (as of 2014 Google street view), which measures 1.3km away from the start of the development. Yeah, certainly not a short distance, but also not particularly far in the grand scheme of things.

Now, I'm well aware that these types of inquiries are generally a waste of time, as Rogers does as Rogers wants when it comes to servicing. I know it has to be worth their while financially. But what qualifies an area as being worth their while? Bell certainly runs their crummy lines everywhere. How can you tell if Rogers will ever expand? How can you point out a potential service area to Rogers?

This is a pretty rural region overall, however this one small area has about 80 estate homes close together, plus another dozen or so properties on the route to it, so seems like the outlay could eventually be recouped.

Any clue if further information is available on this subject matter?

*Edited Labels*

47 REPLIES 47

Re: Service Area Expansion

Hello and welcome to the Community at @glogan2

I appreciate your interest in our services and coverage area. If you can send us a PM @CommunityHelps, we can check to see if there are any upcoming plans to extend services to the Stanley, New Brunswick area in the near future. For more information on how our PM system works, please check out our blog.

RogersZia

Hello,
We recently built a new home in area code --- ---. During the build our electrician met with a Rogers technician who noted that a Rogers trunk line runs directly across our driveway. This is a rural area but neighbors on both sides of our property have access to ignite services based on Rogers' address look up (and asked the neighbours). For some reason we keep getting told that our address is unserviceable.
How can we get a technician out to install a line to our house from the main trunk? Customer service keeps stonewalling us.

Hello, @snailmehta

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! 🙂

We're thrilled that you are considering the Ignite TV service.

It is very strange that both your neighbours are able to get service but not your address. We'd definitely like to look into this for you to see what is going on and try to get you installed. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can get started on this for you. Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

We look forward to hearing from you.

RogersTony

Rogers on my street but not for me??? I am moving to a small town, I am considered rural because of property size. All my neighbors surrounding me have Rogers, but I have called going on 10 times now trying to get rogers to come out and connect me. Rogers says my address is not there area. I have a rogers cable box right outside my property, we built the house so we know the locates are rogers and run right along our lot line. We have even called Canada post to add us to the system to hopefully make this address accessible. Nothing has worked, Rogers is still refusing to come take a look based on our address not being recognized in there system. I have no option but Rogers, I need you to come run the cable from my lot line to my house so I may install internet in my home. Is there anyone who can help?

Hello, @need-internet

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

We know how important it is to have a stable and fast connection to the Internet. 

I can imagine how frustrating it has been trying to get services up until this point. If your address is not recognized by Canada Post it could be difficult to locate your address in our systems. If the address does not even appear in our systems then we would be unable to activate your account until the address is searchable.

We can take a look at this for you but I do need to set the expectation that we may run into the same limitations you have in previous attempts. Please send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can get started on this for you.

Not familiar with our private messaging system? No worries, click here.

RogersTony

did you get this resolved? who did you contact? i am having same issues

Topic Stats