cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers does not publish bundles for existing clients - new customers only.

password
I plan to stick around

My bundle is coming up for renewal and I do not like the new price they want to impose upon me. In addition if I want to change to a different bundle it appears that I have to phone them and go through the dog and pony routine. I am going to seek out a different server - Rogers really does not care to accommodate existing clients just new ones. Well this existing client is going elsewhere - perhaps if I return in a few years they will give a decent deal after all I will then be a new client.  

***Edited Labels***

13 REPLIES 13

Re: Rogers does not publish bundles for existing clients - new customers only.

KobiC
I plan to stick around

Hi Password,

I know exactly what you mean. It is hard to find existing customer pricing for all providers.

As an existing customer myself I can say my pricing is always at or below new customer pricing. However, that is because I call Rogers customer care to ask them for a new promo before my current one ends!

So what are u waiting for Password? Give Rogers a call and ask for a promotion renewal! 😄

password
I plan to stick around

I have called them but no satisfaction whatsoever. The only way to get a decent price from them is to leave and return later. 

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I don't know whether this is due to fiscal pressures of the upcoming Shaw merger, the capital expenditures that they are making to improve their network, or efforts to improve ARPU growth, but it's harder to find attractive Rogers promotions these days, even if you are a new prospective customer.  However, Rogers has historically offered some of their best deals during Black Friday, during the Christmas season, and during the back-to-school season.  Try waiting another week or two before inquiring about what promotions are available.  Also, before your current discounts lapse, Rogers will typically display a "personalized offer" for you in MyRogers.

If you do find what looks like a good deal, beware of switching to a new in-market Ignite bundle because things have changed.  "Flex 20 + Sports" is now "Flex 20 Including Sports", which drops the number of Flex Channels from 28 to 20.  Ignite Premier's name did not change but it now has roughly 20-fewer Flex Channels than it did one year ago.

If you try to play the game of cancelling and hoping for a callback from Retentions, you may find that the best deal that they can offer you provides less value that what you currently have now.

password
I plan to stick around

While I respect your comments I do not agree with them. Lack of transparency: they do not publish bundles that may be available to existing clients - at least I can't find them. You will however have no problem finding bundle deals for new clients - as an existing customer you will be paying considerably more. Take a look at the site. I am not after a price that is lower than everyone else - just give me a price that is comparable to that being paid by others - including those that are new clients.  Does that not sound fair?   

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@password wrote:

...just give me a price that is comparable to that being paid by others - including those that are new clients.  Does that not sound fair?   

Fair doesn't really matter, the reality is that promotions and incentives for new clients are just that - incentives to subscribe to Rogers. These are temporary and after the promotional period ends, you are presented with Rogers' regular pricing, perhaps with a minor discount depending.  Rogers will not provide promotional pricing to long term subscribers.

Some people switch providers every couple of years to take advantage of promotions and that is your prerogative.

Grandfathered pricing is not shown on the website because there are almost as many prices as there are "old" subscribers.  Rogers can only post current pricing.

password
I plan to stick around

"Rogers will not provide promotional pricing to long term subscribers".

Rogers does not provide regular pricing to existing clients - in other words if I want to weigh options ..........! Rather you must call in and ..........!!!! BTW do you work for Rogers? It sounds to me that you do. 

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@password wrote:

1. Rogers does not provide regular pricing to existing clients - in other words if I want to weigh options ..........! Rather you must call in and ..........!!!!

2. BTW do you work for Rogers? It sounds to me that you do. 

1. When you login to MyRogers, there may be a "just for you" or similar pricing option, especially as you get close to the end of your contract.  There's no real reason to discuss pricing unless you are near the end of your contract or wish to make package changes (or change providers).  Rogers no longer has huge discounts if you threaten to leave, they just let you leave.

You can PM the mods here by clicking on @CommunityHelps and sending them a message. They will then provide you with options after you fill in a secure form they PM you.  

You can see roughly what pricing is available by going to the Rogers website, click shop and select the option you need. You will then be presented with a pop-up asking for an address. Simply put in an address near you.  Promotional pricing will be marked as such and will typically have the regular price posted at the end of the promotion.

2. As indicated in my signature, I am not a Rogers employee, I'm a customer just like you, who comes to this forum in order to assist.

password
I plan to stick around

Thanks for the input! Appreciated!

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@password wrote:

Rogers does not provide regular pricing to existing clients - in other words if I want to weigh options ..........! Rather you must call in and ..........!!!! BTW do you work for Rogers? It sounds to me that you do. 

"Resident Experts" are not Rogers employees; Rogers makes that clear on the banners that are displayed in our posts.  Most of us are long-term customers, and we are also very familiar with how the major players in this business operate.

Rogers only publishes the regular prices and promotions that are widely available.  They don't publish offers that are only targeted at smaller areas, and not all Rogers employees have access to all of the promotions that might be available.

In some ways, it would be great if Rogers simply offered the same pricing to everyone... but for that model to work, all industry players would need to play by the same rules, and the lack of competitive pressure would only lead to higher prices and allegations of collusion and price fixing.  As customers, we either need to accept that we won't get the best pricing all the time (and should not expect to get the best promotional prices indefinitely) from the big players or switch to a smaller provider that prices their services differently.

Cymbal
I've been around

Hi KobiC, just came across this post. Could you please share the customer care number you use to renew your promotion. 

Thanks!

talksforaliving
I've been here awhile

I am also up for renewal. Each time I would see a deal and phone about it, I am told it is for new customers only. I have been with Rogers since 1978 and I think I am the one who should get a good deal. I phoned today and I cannot find sales anymore. I used to call each year and make my deal. NO MORE of that.

I did talk to someone who said there are no more deals available????

The last deal I saw on my personal Rogers' page said Ignite TV and Internet was $139/month but I was to pay a one time fee of $150 for installation.

I am now, after 45 years with Rogers, going to Virgin where I can get internet & TV for under $100 a month and installation is free.

I just switched to Bell today after 45 years with Rogers. I ended up getting their newest and greatest internet with TV and home phone with 24 month of free Crave for $115/month. The installation and set up is free and have it planned for this Thursday.

Good bye Rogers

password
I plan to stick around

Let us know how it works out. 

Topic Stats
  • 13 replies
  • 5 Likes
  • 6 in conversation