cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rogers Galaxy Watch LTE plan does not work

KTfN7yIj
I plan to stick around

I have had multiple interaction with Rogers Retail Store and Technical support(including manager escalation) but after 6 visit to the store and 5 phone call with technical support it is not resolved. Both of them are just passing the ball to each other and not taking any ownership to resolve the issue.

There was a point when one of the store rep told me that they are just point of sale and not technical support so there is not need to come to the store as we need to sell here and not help customer with their issue

***Added Labels***

61 REPLIES 61

Re: Rogers Galaxy Watch LTE plan does not work

RogersMaude

Good day @KTfN7yIj,

Welcome to the Rogers Community and thank you for your post! We appreciate you took the time to bring this up to our attention.

I'm sorry to learn your Galaxy Watch activation process did not go as planned and I can imagine how frustrating this must have been.

To further assist you, I do have a few questions for you:

• Do you current have a consumer account? 
    • Please note that "Business" account types are unfortuantely not eligible for a Samsung Watch plan.

• Were you trying to activate it with a standalone plan (with its own number) or use it for your existing line with 1 Number pairing? 
    • Samsung Galaxy watches purchased through a third party can be activated through Rogers, but are not eligible for 1 Number pairing. They will be given their own phone number.

• Did you purchase your Samsung Galaxy Watch from Rogers? 
    • Due to system limitations, only Samsung Watches purchased from a Rogers branded retail location can be paired.

Let us know if they gave you any information as to why the activation could not go through and we'll be happy to help you get to the bottom of this.

Looking forward to your reply!

RogersMaude

KTfN7yIj
I plan to stick around

Yes it was purchased from Rogers and the issue is related to 1 number paring that no one from Rogers have been able to take ownership to fix it. All they can do is you have to go here and you have to do that for them to close the case from their end and forget about customer experience.

Hello, @KTfN7yIj.

Thanks for the additional info. So you can make/receive calls on your Watch, but the number is not paired/linked with your phone number?

It's disappointing that you were redirected here without a resolution. We can definitely look into re-escalating it for you. 

Regards,

RogersMoin

beeta_p
I've been here awhile

I have the same issue. escalated twice. The escalation manager just told me there is nothing they can do. Such a shame! Why Rogers is selling the watch plan once it does not work!

KTfN7yIj
I plan to stick around

Still no resolution after more calls and visits. The answer is always the same like passing the responsibility to each other(Support and Retial). What a shameful customer service, not a single one out of may be 25-30 people I spoke to would take the ownership

I'm in the same situation. Paying for a watch data plan, i havr a seperatephone number assigned to the watch plan, and Esim is connected properly on the watch and on the wearable app, but can't make and receive calls/texts through the watch... can only get/send calls/texts through the watch if my phone is paired... store says they can't help as they don't know what to do (they won't even try) and tech support says it had to be done through the store.... so frustrating.

KTfN7yIj
I plan to stick around

They dont care. Customer service is just a piece of joke who just follow the manual and log detail into tickets. They dont care if thing get resolved or not for you. There is no complaints department, no senior manager would escalate this to be resolved.

Just to point out, the "Rogers" branded stores don't belong to Rogers.  They were sold to a third party company a long time ago.  Don't remember the companies name.  There might be a few stores around that still belong to Rogers but I don't know how you would be able to tell who owns the store, Rogers corporate, or the third party company.  Selling the stores has made a detrimental impact on the level of service that you can obtain from the stores, compared to what it once was. 

KTfN7yIj
I plan to stick around

Yes they call them Rogers Corporate store as recomended by Technical support ot visit Corportae store but customer service was the same level as described above. Even the coprporate store represeentative would not try and go into the system to see if they have the ability to correct the issue on their end. They would simply ask you to call technical support and Technical support would say that their manual telss them it has to be done at the store as they dont have access to their system like the stores have to activate services. Third party store simply says they have limited access to their system.

It appears to be unfair that a person cannot utilize the device as intended solely based on the place of purchase. This oversight on Rogers' part is significant. Given that Apple is capable of doing so, it is reasonable to question why Samsung cannot. It is important to note that the devices were purchased directly from Samsung.

Sacha1735
I plan to stick around

I have been getting played around with rogers as well. No one there seems to know how to activate your watch. All of them giving different instructions and information and none if it works. I'm so fedup for rogers. Charging 70 dollar activation fee and nothing is activated or able to be used.

KTfN7yIj
I plan to stick around

As you might have read I spent a lot of time with techincal support  and visits to the store but no use. This company just does not have customer service. Best to switch to next one after this. Surprizing enough but Management side doe snot care either. I have mutilple conversation with management team when I escalated but no one cares as the all get their salary even if the sole the issue or not.

Sacha1735
I plan to stick around
Yes! They are absolutely going down faster and faster everyday. At least before they used to even try to help. Now they just make stuff up and transfer u to someone who makes another story up. Rogers really need to step up their game because tomorrow I migjt just cancel my whole account with them and move over to Bell. Their customer service is top notch and they actually know how to do things.

Peete22
I plan to stick around

Just tried setting up the new galaxy watch ultra on LTE, could not get it to work.  The store could not fix and nor could technical support, tried 2 different esims.  Took it in to return as I am not paying $15 a month for something that doesn't work.  The employee told me she had just spent 3 hours trying to set up another persons ultra as well on LTE and they could not get it to work, he left without purchasing anything.   She mentioned that watch set up has always been an issue.  Rogers is losing out on customers, I just purchased the watch elsewhere and won't use LTE, no biggie.  This company has gotten too big and seems to have no understanding of how their own systems work.

KTfN7yIj
I plan to stick around

Anyone out there should make sure before signing up with Rogers as their customer service level is at Zero. I will recomend all to avoid and not spend precious time trying to signup Watch plans.

TwitchyPuppy
I'm a reliable contributor
Definitely!
It's simply because because Apple wouldn't let that fly.

Zori2023
I've been here awhile
Hello, I transferred my line today to Rogers because I purchased a Samsung Galaxy watch 7 from Best Buy. It's all set up properly activated but once I switch my phone to flight mode I'm not able to receive phone calls on my watch. I spent 2 hours at the store today and contact support multiple times and they're not willing to help me on there and and in the store they tried everything even the manager got involved and she was not able to help me either. I switched my service because of the watch and now it's not working. What should I do

Zori2023
I've been here awhile
I am in the same boat 😞 I switched my service because of the watch and now I cant use it.

Peete22
I plan to stick around

The Samsung watch LTE plans are not working and they do not know how to fix the issue.  I returned my galaxy watch ultra and cancelled the LTE plan.  Who knows if it's Rogers or Samsung.  I suggest you return the watch or cancel LTE and use it just with your phone.  The woman in the store could not get multiple watches setup she mentioned for myself and other customers.

KTfN7yIj
I plan to stick around

It will not work if you went through all that as I has mentioned there is no customer service that will fix the issue as they through the ball to someone else. Better switch back to whoever you were with and use it as Bluetooth device.

Topic Stats