cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returned equipment, but told we have to return something that we never had in the first place

jinsinca
I've been here awhile
I had set up an ignite internet for my grandparents and have recently changed the plan onto a new account for them. With that completed we had to understandably return equipment from the previous set up, as rogers was sending them new equipment. Currently in a dilemma as my grandparents haven't gotten an ignite tv box(?) to return from the initial plan and just not sure what to do here as I am currently not in town to help check for them and just accruing fees on something they cannot return.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Returned equipment, but told we have to return something that we never had in the first place

Hello @jinsinca 

We appreciate the additional clarification. 🙂

When subscribing to an Ignite internet + Ignite Streaming bundle, it actually does come with both an internet modem and an Ignite Entertainment box (small black TV box with Voice Remote), which is still required in order to access any third party streaming apps that you may be subscribed to. Even if your grandparents didn't hook up this Ignite Entertainment box, it would still have come with the package at the time of installation since it is technically part of the bundle that was offered. 

With this being said, could it be kicking around somewhere? Maybe in storage or packed away?

If possible, can you kindly give them a hand in searching for it once you are back in town? Once found, you can click here to find instructions on printing a free return label and shipping it back so that their account isn't charged for the 'unreturned equipment' fees. 

I'm sure your grandparents are super grateful for your time and efforts to help get this resolved, as our we!

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Returned equipment, but told we have to return something that we never had in the first place

RogersCorey

Greetings @jinsinca!

I would like to provide you with assistance but I need some more details.

What plan did your grandparents previously have? If they were previously on Ignite TV, they really should have an Ignite Entertainment Box in the home, connected to one of their TVs.

Regards,

RogersCorey

jinsinca
I've been here awhile
the plan that they had was an igniteU plan and there was no TV bundle included with the plan. It was only internet that was used in the household.

Good Day @jinsinca!

Yikes! We're sorry to hear about the issues you're having with regards to your grandparents equipment return. 😥 I just have a few additonal questions for you in order to get this ironed out:

Did their previous Ignite internet package include Ignite Streaming?

Are you able to kindly send us a screenshot of the billed charges while ensuring you omit any account/personal related information?

Looking forward to hearing from you,

RogersJo

jinsinca
I've been here awhile
i currently only have access to my mobile and cannot attach the screenshot. the package was ignite internet + smartstream

Hello @jinsinca 

We appreciate the additional clarification. 🙂

When subscribing to an Ignite internet + Ignite Streaming bundle, it actually does come with both an internet modem and an Ignite Entertainment box (small black TV box with Voice Remote), which is still required in order to access any third party streaming apps that you may be subscribed to. Even if your grandparents didn't hook up this Ignite Entertainment box, it would still have come with the package at the time of installation since it is technically part of the bundle that was offered. 

With this being said, could it be kicking around somewhere? Maybe in storage or packed away?

If possible, can you kindly give them a hand in searching for it once you are back in town? Once found, you can click here to find instructions on printing a free return label and shipping it back so that their account isn't charged for the 'unreturned equipment' fees. 

I'm sure your grandparents are super grateful for your time and efforts to help get this resolved, as our we!

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation