cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund Cheque Delay after Cancelling Services

Volumes
I've been around

Have Been Waiting For 3 Months Now On A Refund Since July, From A Service That Was Cancelled In June

Hi, I've been waiting on a refund from you guys since the end of July.  I cancelled my internet / cable services end of June and was mistakenly charged for it again end of July.  I've called dozens of times and every time I call you guys tell me that the cheque has been cancelled and re-issued.  It was issued end of July, then again in September, then again in October, but each time keeps getting cancelled and re-issued?  I updated my new address with you guys over 5 times now starting at the end of June and you claim you've sent it to the old address multiple times as well as the new address afterwards but have had to cancel and re-issue it again due to billing periods not lining up?  You owe me almost $300 that you took out of my account and have not shown any indication that I'm actually going to receive this money aside from constantly telling me I will and to wait another 3 weeks for it.  I have had to take loans and can no longer, leaving me short on this months rent and causing me to be evicted from my new place of residence.  By the time I wait another 3 weeks for it to arrive I won't even be at this address anymore.  You've caused me many issues and grief with this mix-up and are unable to tell me why I haven't received it yet other then I have to wait another 3 weeks, after the previous 3 weeks I had to wait, which was after the previous 3 weeks before that and so on.  Sounds confusing right?  Well it is.  I just want my money back that you unrightfully took and I'm tired of getting the run around from you guys when you've been telling me I was going to receive it around a quarter of a year ago.  I would have never thought that you guys were a scam company but now I'm starting to wonder.  I'm tired of noone being able to give me a straight answer and I just want my money that I work hard week in and week out for considering I don't have much and now will soon have nowhere to live because of you guys.  Thanks a bunch.

*** Edited Labels and Title ***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Refund Cheque Delay after Cancelling Services

Hello, @archaicertes,

Thanks for posting your issue in the Community!

So sorry to hear about the delay in refunding your money. We definitely want to ensure you receive any funds you are entitled to.

In most cases, when there is an overpayment sitting on a cancelled account, we must wait for the final invoice to be issued before a refund can be processed. It can take up to 6 weeks for the final invoice to be sent. Once a refund has been requested, it should take roughly 3-5 business days if the refund is by credit card, or up to 3 weeks if the refund is sent through the mail by cheque. 

If you still have not received your refund, please do send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps so we can investigate further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please CLICK HERE.

Thank you kindly,

RogersLaura

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

RogersTony

Hello, @Volumes

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

I cannot imagine how frustrating this entire ordeal has been for you. We definitely want to assist you with this matter and investigate it for you to see what is going on so we can find a solution. Please send a Private Message to @CommunityHelps so we can take a closer look at this for you and try to provide an update.

Not familiar with our Private Messaging system? Click Here.

We look forward to your response.

RogersTony

archaicertes
I plan to stick around
I'm going up to a year since canceling with credit on my account. Had to call in last time I canceled too to get my money. I leave mail forwarding. So it doesn't make any sense.

Hello, @archaicertes,

Thanks for posting your issue in the Community!

So sorry to hear about the delay in refunding your money. We definitely want to ensure you receive any funds you are entitled to.

In most cases, when there is an overpayment sitting on a cancelled account, we must wait for the final invoice to be issued before a refund can be processed. It can take up to 6 weeks for the final invoice to be sent. Once a refund has been requested, it should take roughly 3-5 business days if the refund is by credit card, or up to 3 weeks if the refund is sent through the mail by cheque. 

If you still have not received your refund, please do send us a Private Message @CommunityHelps so we can investigate further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, please CLICK HERE.

Thank you kindly,

RogersLaura

Why is Rogers so slow in sending out refund? I cancelled Rogers service May 15th and will not receive the refund from my prepayment for services until the 3rd week of July. If I was to make my payment in this time frame I would be charged interest for late payment (3% per month), but Rogers has no penalty for late payments in refunding your payments. Does this seem fair?

sammiirouse
I've been around

It is now Feb 9th 2021 and I canceled my Rogers Ignite Services with Rogers in October 2020. 

I have spent countless hours on hold, calling and talking to people who seem to want to help but no idea how to help me. I retuned my equipment and it was received by the warehouse on November 16th. I had a negative amount (a Credit) of $240.04, I called Mid November asking when and how I would receive this credit. They said you will need to wait 6 weeks and a cheque will be issued to you by mail. I stated that I am moving (Reason on canceling my services) and It would need to be sent to a different address on file.  They said oh absolutely don't worry about it. I then received an email/updated bill saying my credit was now only $39.87 because they said i didn't return one internet box. Which is very false and I have tracking and proof I have returned them and they were received by the warehouse on November 16th. It has now been almost 3 months and I have not received any of the credit or money. I will never put a prepaid credit card on any account again because of this. I have always been on time with my payments to Rogers and never late with having that credit card on file. We are in a middle of Covid when money is tight and I now have to figure out how to pay this off with my credit card which is absolutely insane. I have called and made so many Cases and Interactions with people and no one will help me. All I want is my $240.04 back.  

Samantha R

Account Number : (Removed - Keep personal info private)

Look into my account you will see how many people I have talked too and try to fix this on my own. 

Hello @sammiirouse,

A warm welcome to the forums, we hope you've been keeping safe and well! Congrats on this being your first post here. 🙂

We appreciate you sending us a PM so we could help get to the bottom of this for you! Feel free to continue with us there. 

Kind regards,

RogersLaura

Is there anyone responsible person in Rogers who can tell me, when will be my money paid back to me. It has been more than 1.5 years, Rogers people are giving false commitments and telling lies that check has been dispatched and I have never received my money back. In fact, I get a new case number everytime I call. 

Is there any ombudsperson or complaint department who can look into this ? I am sick and tired of calling and waiting in queue every time. 

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

did u move address when you disconnected? did u update your address with them? if they mailed a check its always a good idea to make sure they have the up to date mailing address on file? but yes 1.5 years sounds very unacceptable, how about you try to message one of the rogers community member employees for further assistance?

Wolfe8051
I've been around
Nobody can answer this still? How is this allowed from a Multi Billion dollar company? Why is this not a two way street? Im in the same boat, going on 9 weeks waiting for my refund. Rogers wont pay me interest but the government wont regulate how this company conducts their business. I was TOLD I must overpay my account and wait for prorated refund. Good scam to collect the interest on the money from every company you screw over.

Greetings @Wolfe8051!

If there is a credit balance left on the account due to an overpayment, a refund cheque should be sent out within 6-8 weeks of cancellation. If the credit balance is on the account due to credits that we applied, no refund would be issued.

I'd be more than happy to look into your specific case.

Feel free to send a private message to @CommunityHelps so we can assist you further. For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here

Regards,

RogersCorey 

Topic Stats
  • 10 replies
  • 3 Likes
  • 10 in conversation