cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible 'Unreturned Equipment Charges' Due To Shipping Delay

whatisthisplace
I plan to stick around

I phoned Rogers to ask how I can return my Rogers equipment of Ignite wifi modem and tv box and he told me to ship it with the email instructions he then gave me which has free shipping and he then told me to wait until June30 to receive in my mailbox the packaging I can use to ship the Rogers equipment so I waited through june30 and still did not receive the packaging he mentioned, so I phone Rogers back and they tell me to package the Rogers equipment myself and ship it with that emailed free shipping label on July1, so here I go to the Canada Post office and of coarse their closed on this day which is my last day to return the equipment with the emailed shipping labels tracking number to send to Rogers for verifications -so I won't be billed for the equipment out of my account. So I then phoned Rogers manager to tell her and for about an hour she literally told I can't do anything about it even confirming their mistake it and it may be $800 which if is not in my account then they will get the Credit bureau to eat my Credit, even as this is the exact day I wanted to send my phone bill to the Credit bureau for Credit reporting to boost my Credit Score because I never missed a payment for years. How can this be? So I told that Rogers manager I will talk to my bank and show them the phone recordings as proof and call the Credit bureau on what they are doing, she said "ok". No suggestions nor help to me even as I was made to wait and prevented from returning the equipment on time. So what will happen if I arrange a stop payment to that specific Rogers withdrawl from my account and yet still keep my preauthorized payment for Credit as my bank suggested, will Rogers disaprove still? Any input will help

***Edited Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Possible 'Unreturned Equipment Charges' Due To Shipping Delay

RogersYasmine

Good day, @whatisthisplace!

Thank you so much for sharing your issue with the community. This is quite the dilemma and I can certainly understand your reason for concern!  😟 

There are a few suggestions that I can make to help ensure that you are not negatively impacted by this delayed equipment return. Firstly, may I please confirm your reason for returning the internet modem and TV boxes? Was there an issue with your equipment and it had to be replaced, or did you recently migrate from our loyalty cable products over to our newer Ignite TV bundle service?

In regards to the delay of the equipment return which may cause some 'unreturned equipment charges' to be added to your account--if these charges do appear on your invoice, I would recommend reaching out to our Credit Operations team at that time to explain the situation and have them place a note on your file so you are not negatively impacted and it doesn't get sent to any third party collection agency. 

I would also recommend removing your preauthorized payment option for the time being (until this matter is fully resolved and any 'unreturned equipment charges' can be reversed). This will prevent any unwanted charges from being withdrawn. We will reverse any 'unreturned equipment charges' once the return has been received back and processed into our database. This may take awhile due to COVID-19 precautions that are currently in place for the safety of our warehouse staff members. In the meantime, you can just make a manual payment for the difference once you get your invoice and then add the preauthorized payment back onto your account once everything is back to normal.

Here is how you can reach our Credit Operations team when needed:

By Telephone: 1-866-346-3430

Monday to Friday from 7:00 a.m. (ET)–midnight (ET)
Saturday from 7:30 a.m. (ET) – 9:00 p.m. (ET)

Via Live Chat Service Online: https://www.rogers.com/consumer/support/contactus

**Select 'Billing & Payments" and then "Outstanding Accounts & Payment Inquiries>"

Monday to Friday from 7:00 am-midnight (ET)
Saturday from 7:30 am - 9 pm (ET)
Sunday from 10 am - 6 pm (ET)

I hope this is helpful!

RogersLaura

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Possible 'Unreturned Equipment Charges' Due To Shipping Delay

RogersYasmine

Good day, @whatisthisplace!

Thank you so much for sharing your issue with the community. This is quite the dilemma and I can certainly understand your reason for concern!  😟 

There are a few suggestions that I can make to help ensure that you are not negatively impacted by this delayed equipment return. Firstly, may I please confirm your reason for returning the internet modem and TV boxes? Was there an issue with your equipment and it had to be replaced, or did you recently migrate from our loyalty cable products over to our newer Ignite TV bundle service?

In regards to the delay of the equipment return which may cause some 'unreturned equipment charges' to be added to your account--if these charges do appear on your invoice, I would recommend reaching out to our Credit Operations team at that time to explain the situation and have them place a note on your file so you are not negatively impacted and it doesn't get sent to any third party collection agency. 

I would also recommend removing your preauthorized payment option for the time being (until this matter is fully resolved and any 'unreturned equipment charges' can be reversed). This will prevent any unwanted charges from being withdrawn. We will reverse any 'unreturned equipment charges' once the return has been received back and processed into our database. This may take awhile due to COVID-19 precautions that are currently in place for the safety of our warehouse staff members. In the meantime, you can just make a manual payment for the difference once you get your invoice and then add the preauthorized payment back onto your account once everything is back to normal.

Here is how you can reach our Credit Operations team when needed:

By Telephone: 1-866-346-3430

Monday to Friday from 7:00 a.m. (ET)–midnight (ET)
Saturday from 7:30 a.m. (ET) – 9:00 p.m. (ET)

Via Live Chat Service Online: https://www.rogers.com/consumer/support/contactus

**Select 'Billing & Payments" and then "Outstanding Accounts & Payment Inquiries>"

Monday to Friday from 7:00 am-midnight (ET)
Saturday from 7:30 am - 9 pm (ET)
Sunday from 10 am - 6 pm (ET)

I hope this is helpful!

RogersLaura

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation