cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name Display Not Working On Incoming Calls

beadcollecto
I've been here awhile

When I receive incoming calls, there is never a name showing up unless they are already in my contacts.  I see a phone number and the city they are calling from.  Why no names anymore?  

***Edited Labels***

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Name Display Not Working On Incoming Calls

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Name Display needs 3 requirements to work

1. Your phone must support name display, not sure if rogers keeps tabs on which ones do or not but they might, I know they used to 10+ years ago when the service was new

2. You must have the Name Display feature provisioned on your account / plan. so not just the SOC Code on your billing but also needs to be programmed in the HLR switch

3. The caller who is calling you their phone provider must also support outgoing name display for it to work so his name can be transmitted, not all cellular carriers transmit the name. I know Bell mobility and TELUS mobility do not. not sure about other companies

beadcollecto
I've been here awhile

Thanks. I have caller Id and Name ID, so I will see if I can get Tech Support to check out the HLR switch

yes just ask them to do a "resend to switch" which will re-provision the HLR Switch, you also might want to check your phone if its compatible, also are you prepaid (Pay As You Go) or post paid (monthly bill)? some features differ between these types of accounts, name display could be one of them, I forgot though its been a while

beadcollecto
I've been here awhile

Still not working grrrr. I have had name display since I got my iphone, and my husband same. We are post paid and I do have Name display in my package.   I've spent almost 2 hours on the phone with tech support. The only names that show up are either in my contacts list or a Rogers subscriber.  Callers that I know I've seen before on name display only show the phone number and city.  I'm at my wits end here!

Hello beadcollecto,

This might not even be a Rogers problem. The people calling your cell are they calling from a landline or a cellphone company? Some phone companies do not send any name data just phone number. Also some people maybe had a landline in the past and you can see their name but maybe they since ported to a cell company like virgin or Telus or koodoo and now they won't have any outgoing name. This happens a lot too and it's confusing

If it works for some callers then it means the feature works. Not every phone company transmits the name so you likely won't be able to fix that.
Topic Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation