cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS: sending/receiving over Wi-Fi (Wi-Fi) calling

Hmm
I'm a reliable contributor

I've encountered what seems like an anomaly, or possibly a norm with Rogers. Rather than the network section, I find it more fitting to discuss this in Account Support. Mods, please relocate if you all deem it appropriate.

While my Android phone is in Airplane Mode and connected via Wi-Fi calling (and no, Cellular data isn't necessary), I exchanged MMS with a business. I then called the recipient (also via Wi-Fi calling) to confirm receipt, which was successful.

However, I observed that my data usage decreased by the size of the MMS attachments (PDFs) I sent and received. While this doesn't directly impact me because my plan includes MMS, the deduction from my data allotment is concerning and for those who don't have MMS or low on data, this could be an issue..

My past experiences with other providers indicate that MMS usage in Airplane Mode using Wi-Fi (Calling) doesn't affect data usage.

This might be a temporary issue, but I felt it important to share my experience.

**Labels Updated**

1 REPLY 1

Re: MMS: sending/receiving over Wi-Fi (Wi-Fi) calling

RogersJermaine

Hi @Hmm,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and making the community aware of it. It is strange that you have noticed data usage while using your device in airplane mode and that your device is only connected to WiFi. Are you checking your data usage through MyRogers or the device's data usage tracker? Have you noticed this issue before? Has anyone else in the community had a similar experience with data usage being used locally with airplane mode and cellular data turned off?

Regards,
RogersJermaine

Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 Like
  • 2 in conversation