cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Discounts with Unacceptable Customer Service Response

OldOfflineMan
I've been here awhile

I took advantage of the Rogers discounted prepaid plan for Chatr customers back in February 2024 and the discount has not been applied.  I have to call in every month to have someone at Rogers manually apply the discount.  Why is it so hard?  When I called last month (June), the customer support rep said he applied this discount and it will appear this month (July).  I asked about the June amount and his reply was "pay the full amount", even though it is wrong.  I asked why should I pay an incorrect amount and his response was pretty much, "not my problem, pay only the correct amount at your own risk".

Fed up with calling every month, I paid the incorrect amount for June.  Of course, the discount did not appear in the July bill.

***Edited Labels***

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Missing Discounts with Unacceptable Customer Service Response

RogersZia

Hi @OldOfflineMan,

Welcome to the Community!

It's inconvenient to have to call in each month for the missing discount. Did any of my colleagues mention creating a ticket to have it added back on the account? 

If what you've shared in the quotes is verbatim, it's definitely not the kind of customer service experience we want you to have. What my colleague should've mentioned instead is that an unpaid balance can generate a late payment fee. 

If you'd like we can review your account to see why the recurring discount isn't added to your account. Or why there's been a delay. Please send us a private message @CommunityHelps to get started. 

RogersZia

OldOfflineMan
I've been here awhile

The "not my problem" part is not verbatim, but it is the agent's attitude.  The "at your own risk" part is verbatim.

The core issue is when is it acceptable for me to pay for Rogers' mistakes?  If anything, I should be reimbursed for the time I spent chasing after you.

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

you ARE responsible to pay for rogers mistakes, THEN you have the option to have the mistake adjusted and corrected.  This is the appropriate method to do,  any other way may seem "right" but you will do MORE work in the end fighting off the unnecessary charges and fees. trust me, I been in the industry for 30+ years,   don't let your account go delinquent to prove a point, that is an old school mentality my parents still believe and I am against that. times have changed

OldOfflineMan
I've been here awhile

That's why I paid the full June balance even though it is incorrect.

But how is that acceptable?

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

when you sign up to a company, you are AGREEING to their TOS, that is how it is acceptable.  but the fact is, no one reads it and makes up their own decisions

OldOfflineMan
I've been here awhile

Interesting.  Can you show me where in the terms of service where it says we must pay Rogers amounts that are beyond what we contractually agreed to?

Topic Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation