cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Long Distance and CP24

Alpha9514
I've been here awhile

My senior mother was forced to change to Ignite from the legacy version. The Rogers rep told me to call back to have international long distance added that was already on the legacy version. Now I am waiting over an hour on the phone waiting. Why do you need to call back to add a service you already had? I also noticed they removed CP24 and now asking to pay $5.99/month from legacy to Ignite.

**Labels Added**

4 REPLIES 4

Re: International Long Distance and CP24

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Alpha9514 : Here are my comments.

1. What happens will depend on what "bundle" you had before with Legacy and what "bundle" you are switching to with IgniteTV.  There were/are several/many different options as indicated on Rogers' website.  These bundles are obviously not identical.

2. The time to review the channels, etc. is before you switch so that the new bundle has what you want in terms of channels, Internet speed if applicable, Home Phone options such as long distance, cell phone options if applicable and, of course, pricing.

3. If you do your research and have all your ducks in a row at the time you switch, then you should be able to get the channels you want and the phone features you want all in one go.

4. Unfortunately, many people make assumptions regarding all this, don't do their research, and end up having to make changes when they see what's missing, etc.

5. Sometimes CSRs also make mistakes when entering the various options into your new bundle. It's not simply a matter of "the same package please".  Each item in that package (like long distance) needs to be entered by the CSR separately and it's a good idea to review the various items while the CSR is making the switch.  If that is not done, you end up having to contact them again.

Alpha9514
I've been here awhile
I am offended with the response that I do my research. I did my research and even asked about the channels wanted. I did eventually reach a person over the phone after 1.75 hrs but was told that my PIN was not correct and to call back. I ran to the Rogers as store to reset it and here I am again waiting over an hour to get through.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Alpha9514 wrote:
I am offended with the response that I do my research. I did my research and even asked about the channels wanted. 

If that's the case, why are you surprised about CP24?

I just logged in for my location and see that CP24 is included in the higher packages but $7/mo in Starter.  That seems quite pricy for one channel.  You may wish to consider having your mom using the CP24 (or another) website instead of subscribing, if possible/able.  (It may take a few minutes for the screenshot below to be approved by the mods.  )

CP24.png

RogersMoin

Approved.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation