cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hold times…

Apepe
I've been around

I’m currently on my 4th hour on hold trying to cancel my service with this company. I have spoke to 3 people in HOUR ONE who kept transferring me to another department. So here I am waiting to cancel after 19 years of being a customer. Probably with some hidden fee and cryptic bill breakdown to end my story with these crooks. Oh also I was on with them for 2 hours this morning trying to get some answers, when finally I got in my car and switched providers once and for all. Now I have a tablet data plan that is still connected to me somehow (that was cancelled and paid in full July 2021)…. ANSWER THE PHONE…officially 4hrs and 17 minutes. My whole day wasted. Thank you for nothing.

*Added Labels*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Hold times…

RogersZia

Good evening @Apepe,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

We're truly sorry to hear you've parted ways with us. I realize the wait times over the phone have been less than ideal lately. 4 hours is a really long time to stay on the phone. I hope you were able to speak to one of my colleagues since you've posted here.

Did you know you can reach out to us via social media 24/7? You only have to message us once and you're in the queue for the next rep, contacting us via Twitter @RogersHelps or on Facebook.com/Rogers ensures you are free to go about your day without losing your spot. 

Please let us know if you still require any account assistance or need us to go over your final billing etc. 

RogersZia

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

RogersZia

Good evening @Apepe,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums!

We're truly sorry to hear you've parted ways with us. I realize the wait times over the phone have been less than ideal lately. 4 hours is a really long time to stay on the phone. I hope you were able to speak to one of my colleagues since you've posted here.

Did you know you can reach out to us via social media 24/7? You only have to message us once and you're in the queue for the next rep, contacting us via Twitter @RogersHelps or on Facebook.com/Rogers ensures you are free to go about your day without losing your spot. 

Please let us know if you still require any account assistance or need us to go over your final billing etc. 

RogersZia

RLAV
I've been around

Very disappointed with customer service.  I've been on hold for 2hrs and 24 minutes so far.  Spoke to 3 different people and everybody just passes me to the next.  It blows my mind that this is considered acceptable.

Hello, @RLAV

Welcome to the Rogers community forums!

I'm sad to hear about the negative experience you've had trying to get through to our support teams. Were you able to speak with someone to address your concerns since you first posted?

Please let us know if you still have any questions or concerns about your Rogers services.

RogersTony

I am having the same frustration, I have been on the phone waiting 2.5 hours yesterday, past 5 hours today! I don’t have twitter but can somebody get me help! Tech support and billing believe everything looks fine but there is no internet and I have now been on hold for 3 solid hours waiting for ignite.

I am loosing my mind, my kids are climbing the walls!

AbD2
I've been here awhile

Someone at Rogers needs to come to the realize that customers' time is as valuable as staff time. If you have as many people complaining about wait times, why hasn't anyone at Rpgers concluded that they need more staff? All of us know what the problem is, and what the solution should be--except Rogers!

I agree Hold times are pathetic. I called and was told the wait time was 29 minutes, got to a call back was in 30 minutes, then it said I was next in line, I waited 2 hours and noone ever answered I got fet up and hung up. When you are next in line it should be maybe 5 minutes not 2+ hours. not acceptable. 

AbD2
I've been here awhile

Does anyone at Rogers read these messages? If so, what training has staff had that leads them to conclude that the way to deal with problems is to put the blame on the customer and suggest an alternative where the solution is "you're in the queue." Let me try to put the problem so that even the robots at Rogers might understand it: Rogers doesn't answer its phones! To which Rogers solution is "And we're not going to. So there!" Someone at Rogers needs to buy a dictionary and look up the words "customer" and "service"--the meaning of either is not at all implied in the computer-generated non-replies to our concerns. 

AbD2
I've been here awhile

OMG! When I sent this, I immediately got a message from Rogers telling me that I'm in the queue. Now I've got it. Rogers is not about media service. It's about driving people to need psychiatric care! Good job, Rogers!

Good morning @AbD2!

We absolutely do answer the phones. I apologize if you experienced any delay in trying to reach us via the phones, you may have contacted us during a busy time. 

We appreciate your suggestion to hire more staff. 

If you still are seeking help and weren't able to get it over the phones, you can always reach out to a mod directly here via PM for full support with your Rogers account.

For more information on how our Private Messaging system works, you can find out more here.  

Regards,

RogersCorey

njd101
I've been here awhile

hi, i been calling 3 days in a row and the hold time is over 2 hours, is Rogers trying to get rid of its customer. 

Good morning @njd101!

We're currently experiencing higher than usual volumes of calls due to the interest in our Black Friday sales. I apologize for the long wait.

Regards,

RogersCorey

I'm in the same boat. I did use facebook messenger, but the rep said they couldn't cancel my service, couldn't connect me to someone who could, couldn't get someone to call me.

I waited for hours on the phone and even more hours on chat and never spoke to a person.

Do you have a solution? 

Good morning @aasdfgsdfgsgt!

Have you been able to reach someone over the phones as of yet? We've been incredibly busy this holiday season. I apologize for the long waits.

Regards,

RogersCorey

AbD2
I've been here awhile

Like many others, I've simply quit trying. Which means that Rogers' plan works! Providing no service means Rogers wins! No service = greater profit for Rogers!

Topic Stats
  • 14 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 10 in conversation