cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disney+ Promo

Elochai
I plan to stick around

Why can’t I sign up for Disney+?

I have the Popular bundle with 45 Channels and 44 Flex Channels, 500u for internet, and home phone.

So my question is, why isn’t Rogers offering the 12 month Disney+ deal for my package ?

I noticed that it’s offered to lower packages that don’t cost anywhere near the ridiculous price I’m paying but I don’t want to downgrade. And the only upgrade option is one that will cost 2 - 3 times what a Disney+ subscription would cost regardless.

52 REPLIES 52

Re: Disney+ Promo

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Toolman127  If you got a great deal on a Rogers bundle but don't qualify for a future promotion, you need to take that as a win.  Qualifying for the Disney+ promotion is not as simple as having 500u Internet (or higher) + Ignite TV or SmartStream.  That's why I specifically asked for clarification about the qualification criteria and got a clear, helpful answer.

If the online tool in MyRogers says that you qualify, great.  If you think that you should qualify (e.g. you meet the minimum criteria, are paying the full list price for your bundle and never received any other incentives when you subscribed) you can ask Rogers to check whether it can be offered to you.  They may then either update their systems to include your current plan or perhaps offer you a different bundle for a better price (if available) that does qualify.

gp-se
I'm an advisor

I got an e-mail saying I can get Disney+ free for a year, however I cannot get it to work. When I click on manage my subscriptions, it says:

The following subscriptions are still waiting to be activated on Disney+

Ignite Bundle
Subscription ID: S0000xxxxxxxx 
Paid subscription started {{startDate}}
I put x's in the actual subscription ID number, but that's all it says, there is no continue button to actually set it up.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@gp-se wrote:

I got an e-mail saying I can get Disney+ free for a year, however I cannot get it to work. When I click on manage my subscriptions, it says:

Ignite Bundle
Subscription ID: S0000xxxxxxxx 
I put x's in the actual subscription ID number, but that's all it says, there is no continue button to actually set it up.

How far into the signup process did you get?  Did you ever get to the point where you specify the email address that you would like to use for your Disney+ subscription?  You should have then been taken to a signup screen where you use that email address to either sign into an existing account or register for a new Disney+ account.  (Sorry, it has been a while since I saw a family member sign up for this promotion and I'm a bit hazy as to what the exact steps were.)  However, I don't know whether you can simply go to the Disney+ sign-up page to complete the registration.  You might need to contact the Disney+ Help team for assistance: https://help.disneyplus.com/

Hopefully one of these links will also be helpful:

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/disney-plus

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/disney-plus-troubleshooting

Managing a Rogers-invoiced Disney+ subscription

Everyone got email about this promo. The key word is inmarket, you may meet all other qualifications. I was with Rogers for 3 months and my package is OUT of Date which makes no sense. Be prepared to pay more as Rogers has increased prices behind the scenes so you will have to change your package and pay new prices to get Disney+ promo. Also Rogers has been taking away channels without any warning. I have Premier package 130 channels with 87 Flex. Recently I went in to change Flex channels and I only have 86 not 87 and no longer have 130 channels it now says 121. I was warned about this and now see what the facebook group about Rogers Canada is talking about.

Do not trust Rogers document everything as one day we will be able to hold Rogers accountable for there games they play. Only care about Money.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@Toolman127 wrote:

Also Rogers has been taking away channels without any warning. I have Premier package 130 channels with 87 Flex. Recently I went in to change Flex channels and I only have 86 not 87 and no longer have 130 channels it now says 121.

Rogers did something weird where they split out the TSN package and made TSN2 a separate Flex Channel.  With Premier, when you see 87 Flex Channels listed, it includes TSN2.  When you see 86, TSN2 is not shown on the list.  It's a web site programming glitch.

As for the 130 channels vs 121, on July 7, Rogers removed the US network channels from the Ignite packages but only for new subscribers.  MyRogers may say that you have fewer channels but you really don't.  You are actually subscribed to a bunch of unlisted channels.  Click "View my channel lineup" in MyRogers and open the "Our TV packages are changing..." notice at the top of the popup.

I'm having the same issue.

I accepted the Disney+ offer through Rogers but it didn't redirect me to Disney+.  I did receive the confirmation email with subject "Your Disney+ Subscription Confirmation #xxxxxxxxx".  It includes a link to complete Disney+ sign-up at the URL  https://www.rogers.com/app/disney, but that URL results in a blank page with"Not found":

Not found

From my MyRogers account I see Disney+ under Subscriptions, but when clicking on "Manage" I see the same message without any indication of how to complete setup:

Currently subscribed
          Ignite Bundle
          Subscription ID: S000020xxxxxx
          $0.00/mo

Upgraded to 500u to be able to get this promo, would like to be able to actually use it.

mordinxx
I plan to stick around

Why doesn't Rogers just come out and say they are cheating existing customers with this promo.  I have Ignite TV Premier with Ignite Internet 500u and when I followed the sign up link under SUBSCRIPTIONS on MY ROGERS I was told I don't qualify.  The only way any existing customer will qualify for this is if they change their plan and end up paying more.  Cheap company, only reason I don't have Bell is it's not available in this building.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@mordinxx  Okay, so let's say that you signed up for Ignite TV six months ago, and got a discount and a $100 gift card as a bonus.  Why should you qualify for the current Disney+ promotion as well?  What about those who have been subscribing to 1Gb Internet and Premier for years?

Rogers made the Disney+ offer available to customers with current in-market bundles because that is the promotion that they are running right now.  In a few months from now, when this promotion is over, another one will be offered and the same restrictions will apply.

mordinxx
I plan to stick around

Got the bundle at the Rogers store, no gift card. If existing customers don't qualify DON'T PUT THE OFFER ON THIER ACCOUNT PAGE!!!  Or sent them e-mails offering them the promo.

Elochai
I plan to stick around

Mordinxx I hear you, same reason I am with Rogers and not team blue, and I wish team purple would come along with more then cell service here. Which is funny as Rogers is the only provider that can't offer cell service in my area out of the big 3.

But you could do what I did if you feel that it unjustified, and not upgrade. Tell them to downgrade you. It worked out great for me. I went from paying $160 to only $70. Still got all my channels that I watch when dropping from 44 to 32 channels. Still got my internet speed of 500u. No I don't have the VOIP phone line anymore and didn't use it anyway; besides if that something you need, just buy an ATA box off amazon for cheap and look up some of the cheaper providers out there that have more features.

But I do agree that Rogers could do better at supporting long term customers and putting effort into helping them. This should of just been a simple, yup you're account does have the services and here you go type of deal.

gp-se
I'm an advisor

Just an update: I checked it yesterday and it works now, I got the continue button to show and got Disney+ all set up.

bwilliamp
I plan to stick around

Does anyone know when this promo ends (Last day to sign up)?

I have Disney+ subscription through itunes subscription and would have to cancel. My subscription ends in about a month, so I'm just trying to plan it out best.

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@bwilliamp wrote:

Does anyone know when this promo ends (Last day to sign up)?

The end-date for the promotion is not listed anywhere.  Tagging @CommunityHelps  to see if they can provide an answer, along with any specific advice on how to transition an existing subscription from Apple to Rogers.

I have Disney+ subscription through itunes subscription and would have to cancel. My subscription ends in about a month, so I'm just trying to plan it out best.

I'm not entirely clear on how Disney+ subscriptions through third parties work but according to this, under "About cancelling subscriptions from Apple", it says, "If you cancel a paid subscription, you can keep using the subscription until the next billing date."

So... if your Disney+ subscription is paid up until October 30, 2021 and you cancel your subscription from Apple now, it should remain active.  If you were to then subscribe to Disney+ through Rogers, I would expect that it would extend the end date of your subscription to October 30, 2022.

I would also try to confirm all of this with Disney as well: https://help.disneyplus.com/csp

Lurker_Returns
I'm a reliable contributor

Im currently on Ignite 1GB with Ignite TV Premiere package.

MyRogers tells me this bundle is NOT eligible for the Disney+ Free year

Is this a mistake? How is the top tier package (at the time I purchased it) not be eligible??

@Lurker_Returns wrote:

Im currently on Ignite 1GB with Ignite TV Premiere package.
MyRogers tells me this bundle is NOT eligible for the Disney+ Free year

Is this a mistake? How is the top tier package (at the time I purchased it) not be eligible??

The Disney+ offer is a promotion that is associated with current, in-market bundles.  When you subscribed, some other incentive, promotion or discounts were probably offered at the time.  You can't double-dip.

You can always call Rogers to see if omitting your package was a mistake on their part, or to switch to a current in-market bundle... at current prices.

How long have you been with Rogers, if you received any sort of discount you are not in market as the promo states. If you contact Rogers about Disney+ promo they will change your plan to in market which will remove any deal you got and you will be paying full price. When I inquired with Rogers about Disney+ promo they wanted $45.20 more per month to get Disney+ which on its own is $11.99 a month. I was with them for 3 months and my Ignite internet and premier TV package was out of date. No one explained this to me they just changed my whole package which is same as you have. I had to argue to get it put back to what it was before as I only inquired about Disney+ to see why It said I was not eligible for. Be careful if you decide to contact Rogers as they do not explain very well.

mordinxx
I plan to stick around

There was someone that posted he changed his package to a lower (cheaper package) tier and was given the Disney+ Promo.  Given that I'm on an ineligible top tier package I could get the  Disney+ Promo by switching to a cheaper package so Rogers thinking on this is backwards.  My complain is if we're not eligible then quit sending us emails about it  or posting it on our account page!!

mordinxx
I plan to stick around

- Customers who are eligible for this offer will receive an email 

Better recheck your info.  This isn't an acceptable solution.  I got the email making the offer.  When I tried to sign up I got the error that my bundle didn't qualify.  Stupidly though, if I had changed my bundle to a cheaper bundle I would have been able to get the offer.

I am a long time Rogers customer with Ignite Tv  & would like to get the Disney plus , but they keep telling me I am not eligible. I want this service as Rogers offers it. How can I get this added to my account? 

-G-
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

@arkie wrote:

I am a long time Rogers customer with Ignite Tv  & would like to get the Disney plus , but they keep telling me I am not eligible. I want this service as Rogers offers it. How can I get this added to my account? 

The Disney+ promo is not part of the basic Ignite TV service.  It a promotion to attract new customers.  The only thing that you can do is switch to a current in-market Ignite bundle that will make you eligible to receive this promotion.

You can also try logging into MyRogers and view your TV account.  Rogers will sometimes display a button there for an offer to upgrade your service, which may come with new-customer discounts in addition to being eligible for the Disney+ promo.

shawstreet
I've been around

Disney+ Spam

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing this but I've received the Disney+ promo email from Rogers every single day for the past month and a half. I've complained about this elsewhere to Rogers but so far no reply - just more promo emails. At this point I consider Rogers a spammer.

Topic Stats