cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Protection Plan

Aisham786
I've been here awhile

Hi I have worse experience my phone was stolen in Costco and tried to call on the number 1-855-877-3887 submit my claim and explain all situation to the retail rogers and they give us new sim but they refused and I have again escalate this on this number now I am expecting a call from them within 2-3 days why they declined?

I am using my old phone but still paying for my new phone and protection and still paying huge amount of money towards my bill so please help me to escalate this

***Added Labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Device Protection Plan

Hello @Aisham786,

Thanks for posting your Device Protection experience here in the Community. I'm sorry to hear it has been disappointing so far. 😞 

Can you please clarify, are you still waiting to hear back from Likewize regarding your claim and is it still under review? If they declined your claim, what reason did they provide you with?

If you feel that their reason was unfair and you are able to provide them with proper documentation, I would recommend giving them a call back and asking them to escalate the matter to their Tier 2 support. 

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31

Aisham786
I've been here awhile
People told me do not move to rogers but still I got good deal with new phone and by mistake I join rogers and this is the worse experience I am facing

Hello @Aisham786,

Thanks for posting your Device Protection experience here in the Community. I'm sorry to hear it has been disappointing so far. 😞 

Can you please clarify, are you still waiting to hear back from Likewize regarding your claim and is it still under review? If they declined your claim, what reason did they provide you with?

If you feel that their reason was unfair and you are able to provide them with proper documentation, I would recommend giving them a call back and asking them to escalate the matter to their Tier 2 support. 

Kind regards,

RogersYasmine

Aisham786
I've been here awhile
Yes I am still waiting and they decline without any reason so I have escalated call again and again 1-855-877-3887 but they said Likewise will call you but until now I have not received and I am paying for my services and in all this situation I was excited to use my new phone which was stolen and I am getting a single reply from Likewise.

Please can you escalate it from your side and tell them to call me or give me the number of Likewise so I can call them and ask them to do tier2 support but this is totally unfair that I am not even getting a proper service and this is rogers responsibility to help their customers right!

So where I am standing and I am very sad that I shifted from freedom to Rogers.

@Aisham786, I absolutely understand your disappointment. Please check out RogersYasmine's post here for next steps. 

RogersZia

ChristineJ
I plan to stick around

I lost my phone on May 30th. Now it's July 7th and I'm still trying to get my phone replaced.  I don't know what to do now. I've called the insurance, I went into a Rogers store everyone says "someone will call you". They did call me once and said that I was rejected and there is nothing further I can do. But I too continue to pay for the line, the phone and the protection. There must be something that can be done?

Good evening @ChristineJ,

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums.

It's definitely disappointing to lose a phone and I can imagine the recent experience has been challenging. Did Likewize let you know why your claim was rejected? 

If you have the right documentation supporting your claim and you do not think the reason for rejection is valid you can escalate the matter to their Tier 2 support. You would have to call Likewize back to do so.

I hope this helps.

RogersZia

ChristineJ
I plan to stick around

I've been trying to resolve this for over seven weeks now.  Likewise never gave me a clear reason for rejection. I escalated as far as they would let me. I then started dealing with Rogers. Rogers reached out to Likewise on my behalf. They were told that someone from Likewise will reach out to me. So, I'm stuck at home waiting for their call, as I don't have a cell phone. I'm still paying for the phone line and for the device protection without having the benefit of any one of them. 

ChristineJ
I plan to stick around

It's been a few days now that I've been waiting for Likewise to call me back. Today I called them. They said that someone called me yesterday and left me a message. That is not true. I've been sitting by my phone for days now.  They also told me that they "can't tell me the reason for the rejection as there is no rejection code". They sent an e-mail to someone to call me and advised me to wait for a call back within the next 24 to 48 hrs.  So I still need to be sitting here waiting for someone to call me. 

Does any one think they will call me?

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor

@ChristineJ: I don't know if you've read any of my older posts about this company, but what you've gone through, is rather bland, compared to what this company normally does when they consider the caller to be a threat.

If you worked for Rogers (especially in management), and ran into a problem with Likewize, how long would the Rogers employee wait, until they let Likewize know that if they don't stop stalling, they will contact an Office of the President agent to investigate, and if anything shady is uncovered, say goodbye to your job, and possibly the Likewize contract to be Rogers' insurance representative? I know that I would only wait about 7 business days.

So, if you do this by the Rogers book, your next step might be to call the regular Rogers phone number and escalate to Customer Care .. or perhaps you can also let Zia help you further.

But I would also strongly recommend that you ask a supervisor to help you get an Office of the President agent to investigate on your behalf. These agents have more power and know the best staff members to help get the job done faster and more efficiently. You can also try to get some financial compensation.

Simply scroll down to the bottom of the page and select Contact Us, then on the next page you arrive on, select "Share a Concern" which is near the bottom. You can then summarize your posts and wait for a response.

Scarface said, First you get the money, and then you get the power, however, in this case, first you need the Power of an Office of the President agent, and then you get the money, or a replacement phone.

Does anybody really think that only the people complaining in the Rogers, Fido, etc., forums have problems? Come on Rogers, wake up and smell the Tim Hortons coffee.

Oh, and that nonsense about already calling and leaving a message is only true if they called your cellphone, that had the number blocked +without you realizing it) and/or your voice messages turned off. Likewize can also say that they perhaps accidentally called the wrong number . . But is was by no means intentional ... Or perhaps you didn't realize that the phone number Likewize has on the account, is somehow not yours. Instead of calling the number you gave them to call, they instead called your missing cell-phone number (even though it should no longer be on your account, but might still be).

As crazy as this all seems, you seem to be a perfect candidate to be given the Royal, red-carpet treatment by the Office of the President department.

Good luck.

💓

ChristineJ
I plan to stick around

Thank you. Now is day 48 and waiting.  I did contact the office of the president this morning. Let's see if they will help. Although I'm doubtful after reading all the other complaints.

ChristineJ
I plan to stick around

Just an update. This morning someone from Likewise contacted me. He said that he was sorry but my claim was rejected because of inconsistencies with my documentation. After going over all the steps I took, including reading the service agreement and having Rogers contact them he agreed to review my claim and call me back this afternoon.  Well the afternoon is almost over, I'm still sitting by my phone waiting.  I guess they are sticking to past practice -no call backs.

mebe

@ChristineJ

My recommendation is to wait for the Office of the President agent to hopefully refund a few months of your insurance payments.

The Inconsistancies that the Likewize (previously Brightstar) agent mentioned, could be as simple as having the name on the bill being different than the name on the Rogers account.

So far, you've been told nothing that will help you get a replacement phone.

Even if you sent them 3 different documents, they would only focus on the one that was less than perfect, and then reject your claim.

And the more documents you send, the greater risk of identity theft.

Even if you don't get a replacement phone, you can always cancel your insurance plan, and instead place the monthly fee in a savings account, to later be used to repair or replace your new phone. At least the bank won't reject your attempt to take the money you saved out of your own bank account.

This is a good post. If you don't think so, you can always delete it, but please stop pretending that Likewize is a well-run company (especially its Canadian wing).

ChristineJ
I plan to stick around

I've been with Rogers over 50yrs. Things haven't been perfect, but if there ever was an issue I was able to resolve it. They were always very helpful. Now, it seems the staff I speak to are still excellent but they seem to be following different procedures. I guess the policies and procedures at Rogers have changed. The old days of speaking to one person and resolving the issue are done. Now it's all fragmented to the point that no one can untangle the kayos  It's so sad, it must be very difficult to work for Rogers if you can't do your best. Maybe this is a practice run for AI?

mebe
@ChristineJ: Sure, it's much more difficult for employees working for any company that likes to run things on auto pilot. Assume that your staff knows the correct dept. or person to email, so that a customer gets any issue resolved in a timely manner.

However, when you are dealing with a third-party company working on behalf of Rogers (or any other company), the customer often runs into twice as much red tape or confusing situations.

In this case, Likewize is a company that specializes in controlled chaos. You have been rejected, so why are you in a holding pattern?

According to Likewize, your case was closed as soon as you were rejected, but after a Rogers employee called Likewize on your behalf, Likewize gave you a courtesy call. Only you know exactly what was said, and due to privacy issues, it can be difficult to prove or uncover any outrageous behaviour by either side.

You basically had one chance to provide "perfect" documentation, and you either failed to do so, or more likely this is simply going as planned, when controlled chaos is the name of the game that many insurance companies like to play.

If a company like Rogers is trying to save money by restructuring things so that fewer senior employees are needed (or hired), that's somewhat similar to a company like Likewize trying to save money by making it more difficult for its customers to get a phone (so fewer phones need to be acquired or distributed), simply by adding restrictions to the fine print of the contract, etc.

However, this kind of behaviour, dedicated to putting profit ahead of fair and balanced procedures, looks really bad when a company claims to be working hard to make things much easier for its customers.

"DALLAS, TX, August 18, 2021 – Brightstar has today announced a comprehensive rebrand of its company, designed to showcase the transformation from its origin as a mobile phone distributor to the complete tech protection and support provider it has become under the new name ‘Likewize’, the company is committed to advancing the world by making people’s technology problems painless and resolving any problem they may encounter."

Based on the Likewize mission statement from 2021, it shouldn't take this long for anybody to either get a phone, or be told what needs to still be done to get one ... Without any stalling to run out the clock. 🕔

ChristineJ
I plan to stick around

I've had rather a  long work life. It did include managing staff. I found that in order for me to be successful I had to make sure my staff were successful and wanted me to successful too. I found that if I looked after my staff they looked after me. The staff are the people that  know how to do the job best and how to design work flow for most efficiencies.  Management has only theory and a "management style of the month". Maybe because of my age that I feel that if you take care of your staff and your customers, you are halfway to success.  Without frontline staff success will be minimal or short lived, no amount of rebranding will help.

mebe

Rebranding, especially changing the name of a company, tv channel, or product, almost always gets me suspicious.
.Space rebranded to CTV SciFi, and then added refuns of Castle -- Not a SciFI series, even though one episode was about a SciFi convention, and the Canadian male lead (Nathan Fillion) used to be on a tv series set in space, called Firefly, but CTV airs Castle and The Rookie on channels where they don't belong. It's all about making money (dollars and cents), not sense.

Why did Brightstar rebrand? If it had a good reputation (which it didn't), it would have expanded its reach, but still kept its name. And Likewize is a lousy company name (especially when compared to Brightstar.

Rebrands are a great way to wipe the slate clean, and hide in plain sight.

As for employees, what if you look to hire many former collection-agency staff, simply because they might find it easier to treat customers poorly, without losing any sleep over it. Sometimes the "perfect" employee is one without a conscience -- which also has nothing to do with "science" but rather a lot more to do with a "con" job.

A positive mission statement from Jerry Maguire is easier to swallow, even when Tom Cruise is pretending to be something he is not, but much more of a Mission Impossible when Likewize tries to do the same thing.

Scientology may also soon need to rebrand, if it wants to be taken more seriously ... How about Brighstar?

ChristineJ
I plan to stick around

The ceo's office gave me their final answer, "It's up to Likewise. They will not reverse their decision". I guess I have no choice but to accept it. I'm sick about it. It was upsetting to lose the phone. In my naiveness I believed that all my efforts for the last two months were actually going to resolve the misunderstanding. So silly of me.  It would have been a lot easier if Rogers would have just said from the beginning that there is nothing they are willing to do to uphold their end of the agreement " cover my lost device".  I continue to be billed for device protection on a device that I haven't had for almost two months.

mebe

@ChristineJ: Let me get this straight. Are you saying that a Rogers agent from the Office of the President dept. called to say that Likewize would not reverse its decision, and nothing was offered to you?

You can cancel the insurance, but if you want to keep your number, it would be nice if you got a great deal on a new phone.

Did you ever get a detailed reason as to why you were rejected in the first place, or was it vague?

Did you find Likewize to be intentionally elusive?

Rogers should always ask various questions, so that the Rogers/Likewize customers can be better prepared to fight back ... But will still probably strike out.

I'm still waiting for the happy ending that I never got. Even I feel cheated. This is the kind of TV-movie script that an AI bot might write.

Likewize ... You may not like us, or think that we are wise.

ChristineJ
I plan to stick around

I thought that the president's office totally go it. I feel they tried, but they too are Rogers employees and must follow the script if they want to stay in their job. 

I agree, at minimum Rogers should be offering a deal for me to purchase at a rate that is reasonable. But, I really think that the staff can't do anything. It's a well established scam from the top down. This should be exposed, but it's rather scarry for an old lady like me to take on Rogers, Likewise and any other name they might be using to pull this off. In my simple mind, my contract/agreement is with Rogers.  Rogers needs to take care of this. When the presidents office says it's up to Likewise it throws me off, because I did not enter into any agreement Likewise. I am billed by rogers and pay to Rogers. Rogers is who my contract is with.

mebe
Failure is not a fun thing to deal with, but thank you for sharing some of your thoughts and experiences with us.

For what it's worth, I don't intend to bother dealing with any of the Rogers third-party companies.

Life is already tough enough to deal with, and since I get enough drama from my entertainment, I'm going to file your experience as a cautionary tale, so that I can hopefully stop spreading false hope.

Sincerely,
Brighter Star (my own rebrand)
Topic Stats
  • 31 replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 12 in conversation