cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Protection Plan

Aisham786
I've been here awhile

Hi I have worse experience my phone was stolen in Costco and tried to call on the number 1-855-877-3887 submit my claim and explain all situation to the retail rogers and they give us new sim but they refused and I have again escalate this on this number now I am expecting a call from them within 2-3 days why they declined?

I am using my old phone but still paying for my new phone and protection and still paying huge amount of money towards my bill so please help me to escalate this

***Added Labels***

31 REPLIES 31

Re: Device Protection Plan

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

instead of escalating the issue with rogers, have you thought about escalating it with the device protection company?    there just a third party so i doubt rogers could tell them what to do.  if u don't like these companies and their policies, why do people sign up for this garbage? why not do your research and study which device protection company is good and choose that instead of signing up under pressure from the sales agents?

ChristineJ
I plan to stick around

I agree, I should have researched the co. 

I did escalate with Likewise, once that was exhausted I turned to Rogers, since they are who I bought the coverage from. 

I'm not yet ready to give up. We still have laws that protect the consumers. 

I feel like I was cheated and robbed. What an offal feeling. 

mebe
I'm a trusted contributor
Although I don't expect Rogers to be able to force a third-party company to always do the "right" thing, I did hope that Rogers might be more open to offering some kind of apology backed up by financial compensation.

At the bottom of the Rogers bill (in Messages section), it's mentioned that if you have a customer service issue, you can also contact CCTS. It doesn't punish companies, but even if it's determined that this case doesn't qualify for a complaint, it can recommend other ways to deal with this issue.

Most people quit trying when they are far behind, but if you brace yourself for the possibility of even more disappointing results, well, you just might get lucky, or at least feel less like a victim, and more like a survivor with battle scars.

Sincerely,
Bright Scarry Scarry Night (yet another rebrand)

I am facing the same issue, I lost my phone and I reported the next day and they told me I dont have a device protection plan, then I showed them the purchase bill, then they updated it and told me to call some number in 2 days (it was Likewize protect claim registration number) I called them and they filed a claim and asked me to upload my documents. I have provided all the files to the email ID they provided, 2 days after no response I called them again and they gave me 2 other mail ID's did the same thing and waited further long. Same thing happened again, no response..... I called them for the 3rd time and they told me those emails were wrong and they gave me another ID, luckily that time the mail worked but today, after 2 business days i called them to check on the status and they told me its REJECTED!!!!.. I asked them why???

They told me they dont know and they will escalate this case and ill get a call  back in other 2 business days....

I waited for 10 business days already, why you guys are doing this to your customers. I am using an old phone now and I'm paying for the lost phone, device protection etc.

Is this how you treat your customers after sales??

where is rogers customer satisfaction??? I lost my phone and I marked it as lost on my I cloud and I even erased the phone. I have done everything from my side but you guys are scamming us.

I WANT TO GET A PHONE BACK ASAP!!!

such a worst experience from rogers and Likewize

yushihi
I've been here awhile

I am having the same issue now, reported phone lost Dec 21. waited and got a rejected email today with no reason.

ChristineJ
I plan to stick around

It's been months since I lost my Phone.  I went to the presidents office only to find out that they can't do anything.  I then went to consumers affairs, they weren't able to negotiate a resolution for me. Now I'm waiting for a reply from the consumers office,  I'm convinced the system is designed to scam the customers.  I cancelled all my services with Rogers. Although I still have to pay for a phone that was insured and I had for a day. I suggest you document everything. I wish I had better history of who said what and when.  

I had the same experience but with three phones one of which they had accepted and were waiting for one-off payment. It was only when I submitted another claim a few months later that all three were rejected. Not once did they give a reason for the rejection it took months and several failed promises to call me back by countless Rogers and likewise staff did I then finally get to speak to the office of th President only to be told that they cannot reverse likewise decision. I have been a loyal customer of Rogers for almost 10 years, I have never been late with my paymets and in fact I have always paid over what was due so for most part there was always a credit  on my account and my monthlk bills exceeded $500 and yet they way they treated me was an absolute disgrace. I have lost all faith in Rogers and will never use their services again and actively preach to as many people as I can to stay as far away from Rogers as they can. Dont be swayed by a slightly cheper deal because with me and I'm not reading like alot of other people is can be quite costly in the long run. Rogers appears to have become a rouge company scamming iits customers. I certianly question their partnership with likewize who seem to be scamming more and more of Rogers customers rejecting their claims without explanation and Rogers cowardly stance of hiding behind what likewize say. One day they are going to go too far with their scams, lies and deceit and they may just find themselves on the wrong side of a class action lawsuit. Its ironic how companies like this only seem to wake up and change their ways when it starts to affect the shareholders. 

Miller1
I've been here awhile

This is wrong that I paid almost $500
For a working phone. Yet yous refuse to replace it. I pay insurance for a phone. I have called 43 times since December 2023. I have talked to rogers and they stated you should mail.me a new phone so I can send the phone that won't let me call and doesn't ring, the odd time I can answer but then call drops. It is illegal for yous to void my contract. Likewize is a fraudulent company. Refuse to ever allow me to talk to a supervisor. Rogers is not very helpful. Same old thing every time I call. Oh we will send an email then I don't hear anything back from Rogers or likewize. Hope the customers are supposed to be important! Yet it seems all yous care about is money

Good day @Miller1,

Thanks for posting your recent experience to the Rogers Community!

What was the reason given by Likewize, why they refuse to replace your device?

I would recommend you to see if this matter could be escalated at Likewize level, in order for you to see what needs to be done to comply with their criteria.

I hope you can reach a resolution promptly!

RogersMaude

Miller1
I've been here awhile
I don't get why rogers sits back and does nothing about a company that does not back up protection plan. I paid $450 for a replacement phone that got gendered broken. I can't make calls or receiving any calls. Seem to get the run around from likewize and rogers

What was the reason they gave you for refusing to cover the device under warranty, @Miller1?

Did you escalate your concern about the warranty to Likewize as @RogersMaude previously suggested?

Regards,

RogersCorey

Topic Stats
  • 31 replies
  • 10 Likes
  • 12 in conversation